The earliest record of Memorial monuments in the Church is by Browne Willis the renowned antiquary who lived 1682-1760. Willis visited the church c1735-40, when he was collecting material for a History of The Newport Hundred.
The last burial that he recorded was that of Elizabeth Chapman 1735.
In the early 1960s the churchyard at Newport Pagnell was becoming overgrown and it was getting difficult for the Parochial Church Council (PCC) to organise the maintenance of the area. Most graves were over a hundred years old, some covered with brambles and ivy, and only a few were tended or visited by family relatives.