Newport Pagnell Police Museum - location

We are here - come quietly

The museum was located in the former magistrates court room, which adjoins the police station itself, at 124 High Street, Newport Pagnell. The building, erected in 1872, at a cost of 1,400, replaced the old premises, now converted into flats in the High Street. (The museum itself has been closed for a number of years.) The town is an old coaching and market town and home to the first motorway service station to be built on the M1. Junction 14 is the turn off from the M1 with a direct route to the High Street, crossing the famous Iron Bridge.

The Iron Bridge Newport Pagnell

The bridge is the second oldest cast-iron bridge in Britain, spanning the river Lovat at Tickford. It was cast by Messrs.Walkers of Rotherham..

To do the town trail of Newport Pagnell, click here

Home page What Are We Location The Constable
Early Mobility Early History The Building The Bridewell
Testimonial Links Crime Stats Manpower