Old Stratford - The Cobbler's House

The Cobbler’s House

On the corner of Cosgrove Road, next to the site of the Falcon Inn there was, a shoe repair workshop run by Mr. Roland Kightley.
Previously Mr. Kitely’s father manufactured hand sewn boots on the same premises, and Mr. Kitely learnt his trade from him.
Before Mr. Thomas Kightley took up his trade as a shoemaker in this building, Mr. and Mrs. White had used the premises as a laundry.

1891 Census: Ann White - Laundress

1901 Census: Thomas Kightley

1911 Census: Thomas Kightley head - 45 - married - Boot Maker - Ravenstone - Buckinghamshire