The Reading Rooms 2002
The small single storey building is The Village Reading Rooms, constructed

in 1892 and paid for by J.W.Carlile, to provide a public room where men

of the village could go and improve themselves -

or could it have had the advantage of keeping them out of

the White Hart, two doors away.

The Reading Rooms are today under the management of the

Parish Council and provide a home for

the Stoke Goldington Association’s Village Archive.

The Reading Rooms 1929
The Village Archive 2002