The Lodge

The Entrance Lodge

Sited on the west side of the Newport Pagnell - Northampton Road and described by Pevsner as "A crazy bit of mock Elizabethan"

The original 1751 entrance lodge was altered and enlarged by Carlile in 1882. It incorporated two octagonal turrets and lead cupolas removed from Repton’s Bath House (the remainder of which survives as a private house on the east side of the main road, overlooking the Ouse.

Early in the 20th century the building was altered and enlarged to form The Francis Drake, a public house. This use continued until 1995 when it was sold for re-conversion to a private dwelling.