Gayhurst Village from the Ouse

Gayhurst Village viewed from the river Ouse.

Sixteen houses and an inn were moved onto the Newport Pagnell -Northampton Road after George Wrighte had created the landscaped park on the estate in c.1737. Two thatched stone cottages, the remains of a row of seven more cottages, bear the inscription GW 1738 and another pair 1739