Information on the following Sherington publications is currently available, taken from the Society's archives:
|SCAN||Monthly village magazine|
The following publications may also be of interest. They contain information about Sherington and/or were published in Sherington.
Sherington Historical Society Publications
- Rum Doings in Sherington. The Society's first booklet containing two stories: the 1872 murder and the 1935 exhumation in St Laud's churchyard.
- School Newspaper. The Society's second booklet covering The Sherington News (Senior Edition), a newspaper produced by the pupils in 1957/8.
- The Hundred of Sherington by Barry Hollis - The history of the village from Parish Council records 1895 - 1977 - Published 10 November 2001 - ISBN: 0 907700 20.9
- In 1965, A.C.Chibnall published a very detailed account of Sherington's history called 'Sherington: Fiefs and Fields of a Buckinghamshire Village' and published by Cambridge University Press. It was re-published as a paperback on 16 February 2012 and is now available for £14.99 from Cambridge University Press or Amazon. ISBN-13: 9780521158268.
- The '1851 Census of Gayhurst, Sherington, Chicheley, Hardmead, Astwood' was published in 1995 by the Buckinghamshire Family History Society - ISBN 0 946591 35 0. It is Volume VII 3.1 of a series covering the whole of the county.
- 'A Walk Around Sherington' was edited by Phyllis Loxley-Walton and published in 1987 by the Sherington Book Group. It contains details of recent history in the form of contributions from current village residents.
- 'Newport Pagnell and the Villages' by Sarah MacLennan and Gerald Stratton was published by Newport Pagnell Historical Society in November 2000 and includes 10 old photos of Sherington.
If you have more information on any Sherington publications, please contact us, so we can add the information to the Society's archives.