Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

SHS Meeting Minutes 24

Pump  

SHS Committee Meeting.

Tuesday 26th February 2002. 2 School Lane. 7-30pm.

Present;- Norman Arnold, Sheila Quinn & Mark Vale.

1. AGM: Norman proposed an alteration to the constitution addition of :-

CONSTITUTION item 15. To permit the granting of Honorary Membership, Definition of Hon. Mem.: Free membership but no rights, can attend meetings but will have to pay l per meeting for tea etc. Hon. members can be appointed at the discretion of the committee but it must be brought to the attention of the members at the next general. meeting. It was thought that it would also be common sense to discuss with the membership, about conferring HM on a person, beforehand if possible. At present the amendment is to accommodate giving RM to Philip Smith and Peter Gardner.

CONSTITUTION item 5: Mark suggested that item 5 be altered to "The Committee shall have the power to co-opt any member of the Society onto the Committee if the need arises". If it is felt that the position needs to be permanent, the co-opted member can be voted on at the next AGM.

2 There will not be a speaker at the meeting but the archives will be open and refreshments will be available as usual. We have fulfilled our duty to notify all members of the AGM through the Newsletter and SCAN. The Agenda is to be based on last year's agenda.

3 MARCH 16th.Norman to distribute Posters around the village and to the CMK Library for distribution to branch libraries. Article & advert in March Scan. Anita & Sue Tofts to be in charge of refreshments. Mike Tofts to do the raffle. 1 entry to the hall, but free to Sherington villagers. Confirmed that Bucks FHS will be able to attend. Final arrangements to be made at the AGM.

4. END FARM. Norman to see Ted Adkins regarding photos and deeds of his farm.

5. MEMBERSHIP. Enid has obtained membership forms from Norman, for a prospective new member.

Barry Hollis has tendered his resignation due to other commitments. Our thanks for his past help.

7 MKHA Norman & Mark to attend meeting on 26th March.

8 AGM AUDIT. Barry Hollis has audited the accounts but suggests a Petty Cash record, which Mark has started. An auditor will be needed for 2003.

9 SPEAKERS: We have a walk arranged for 11th,June. Mark to endeavour to contact the "Pancake Lady" and arrange a talk for April and also speak to Diane Sutton, Newport Pagnell HS regarding a talk based on our Murder book. Diane Sutton also has a talk (not yet completed) on a family called Rainbow who once lived in Sherington. Norman to speak to Peter G and Phil S about a talk/film show later in the year. Alan Richardson was also considered - NA to phone him regarding his availability.

10 FILING SYSTEM: Norman & Sheila are still working on this project.

Meeting ended 8:45pm Thanks to SAQ for hosting the meeting.

Back to MEETING MINUTES INDEX

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 6 January 2007