Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

April 2014

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 1st April 2014 at Sherington Village Hall, commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs A Denman (Chair), D Hyde, M Northfield, I Collinge, J Cook and S Cook

ALSO ATTENDING: Wendy Austyn (Clerk) and ten members of the public.

1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Ager. Cllr Denman also apologised for his absence from the last meeting.

2. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None.

3. APPROVE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on 4th March 2014 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

4. CLERK'S REPORT

4.1 High St (Alban Hill) ditch and drainage update. TMKC have stated that following the initial remedial work a detailed survey needs to be carried out. The clerk will chase for when this is to take place. ACTION: Clerk

4.2 Highway defects report Rachel Kingsley has given an updated list for Sherington to Cllr McLean to bring to the meeting.

4.3 Repair to tree at recreation ground. The clerk obtained two quotes to remove fallen branches from a conifer tree behind the BMX track and the job was awarded to MKC Landscaping for £150 which was agreed by email to councillors.

4.4 Mound at Chicheley Hill roundabout. Further to last month's meeting, the clerk provided evidence to support the parish council's case and it was finally clarified that the mound is the responsibility of MKC Landscaping.

5. DAMAGE TO LAND AND FENCE AT PLAY AREA
The clerk reported how she had been alerted to tree and hedge clearance work being carried out in the rear garden of The Old Rectory a few weeks ago, along with a significant bonfire, which is on land within a Conservation Area. The contractor had driven heavy machinery over soft ground in the play area adjacent to the village hall leaving tyre tracks, and then removed fencing belonging to the parish council in order to gain access to the land. The clerk alerted the chairman who contacted MKC, who in turn sent officers to the scene. The land owner on site was told to cease all work immediately. Mr Mark Hine was present at the meeting stated that it was always his intention to reinstate the fencing. After several prompts from councillors he then apologised for crossing the land and removing the fence without permission. The chairman suggested that an apology was put in writing to both the parish council and village hall committee. Mr Hine then offered to reinstate the fencing immediately by himself, this was agreed by councillors.

6. FINANCE

6.1 Bank Account balance at 4th March 2014 £15,242.77

6.2 Cheques for payment were as follows:

01/04/2014Community Impact Bucks Subscription £50.00102192
01/04/2014Anglian Water Water for pavilion £50.38 102193
01/04/2014E.On Electricity for pavilion £826.21 102194
01/04/2014Barry Tofts Repair to storage hut doors £80.00102195
01/04/2014HMR&C Clerk's PAYE £54.40 102196
01/04/2014Martin Jeeves Perry Lane caretaker/bookings £100.00102197
01/04/2014Wendy Austyn Clerk's salary £169.45 102198
01/04/2014Nina Beal Pavilion cleaner £42.00102199

6.3. Parish Partnership Funds. Applications to the 2014/15 parish funds are invited, these being the Community Parking Fund, Play Area Improvement Scheme and Parish Partnership Fund. The deadline for applications is mid-May. ACTION: Clerk

7. PLANNING APPLICATIONS AND DECISIONS

7.1. 14/00536/TCA The Manor, 4 High St - various tree maintenance There were no adverse comments. ACTION: Clerk

7.2. 14/00519/FUL 5 Knoll Close - Extension to form first floor extension over existing dwelling There were no adverse comments. ACTION: Clerk

7.3. Decisions. None.

8. SHERINGTON RECREATION GROUND

8.1. Management committee report. In the absence of Cllr Ager no report was given.

8.2. Planned refurbishment works It was suggested that the parish council apply to the Parish Partnership Fund for 50% of the cost of planned works. It was agreed to hold a separate meeting with the management committee to decide which refurbishment works to include. ACTION: Clerk

9. WARD COUNCILLOR'S ITEMS

Cllr McLean was not present to give his report.

10. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

10.1. Report from NECAF 5th March 2014 This report will be given at the May meeting

11. CORRESPONDENCE/NEW CONSULTATIONS

None.

12.PUBLIC COMMENTS

12.1 The parish council has been contacted by licensing officer James Sloan to report that a Temporary Events Notice (TEN) for the Beer and Sausage Festival 3rd to 5th May 2014 has been applied for and is due to be considered by the licensing sub-committee on 7th April 2014. A copy of the supporting documentation for the application has been provided to the parish council and Keith Shepherd owner of the White Hart public house was present at the meeting. Keith summarised the main changes to proposals for this year's event which include the provision of portable toilets on site, improved security, less live music and more emphasis on the use of public transport. The usual litter picking activities will also be in place. Cllr Collinge declared an interest at this point as he lives opposite the pub, and expressed disappointment that the venue had not been changed as was considered last year. Keith stated that due to many factors the suggested venue had turned out to be inappropriate. The chairman gave Keith and Giles credit for putting significant effort into addressing the issues that have arisen from previous years.

12.2 A representative from a property consultancy announced he was present on behalf of Messrs Phillip and Mark Hine regarding proposals for development of land to the rear of The Old Rectory. The chairman advised him that, in the absence of any planning application there would be no discussion or comments from the parish council.

12.3 Oliver Powell expressed concern that it would appear some of his reports of potholes have been mislaid by MKC. He offered to liaise with Cllr Collinge to get an updated position. He also requested that even though his comments from the previous meeting were recorded under Clerk's Report, that they be recorded under Public Comments.

13 COUNCILLORS ITEMS

13.1. Cllr Collinge reported that the village hall management booking clerk was considering using an online booking facility and wondered if the pavilion management committee had thought about this.

13.2. Cllr Northfield enquired as to whether anything had been heard from Anglian Water regarding flash flooding in Water Lane; nothing has been received so far.

14. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The Annual Parish Meeting will be held on Tuesday 6th May 2014 at the Village Hall commencing at 7 pm, followed by the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council at 7.30 pm. There being no further business the meeting ended at 8.15 pm

          Pages 1461 to 1463  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018