Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

December 2008

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 2nd December 2008 in Sherington Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs Peter Burton (Chair), David Keene, David Hyde, Lisa Masters and Peter Cook (arrived 8.28pm)

ALSO ATTENDING: Wendy Austyn (Clerk), Cllr Sam Potts and five other members of the public

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllrs Wright and Thomson. Cllr Thomson has announced his attention to resign from the parish council; the vacant post will now be advertised. ACTION: Clerk

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None.

3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on 4th November 2008 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman..

4. CLERK'S REPORT

4.1 Cycle path from Sherington to Newport Pagnell. MKC has carried out a safety audit report and various issues still need to be worked out e.g. vegetation, the bridge, the junction and the surface. ACTION: Clerk

4.2 NAG meetings. No representative from Sherington has attended, and it was generally felt that there was no need for yet another forum to discuss dog fouling, litter, pot holes and other similar issues that are currently dealt with appropriately by the parish council. It was agreed to convey the councillors’ opinion to Cllr Sam Potts. ACTION: Clerk

5. STONEPITS CLOSE WOODLAND PROJECT

Cllr Keene reported that the funding application to DEFRA aggregates fund has been endorsed by Bucks Community Action, and a decision should be made by 16th December. If successful, plans to get the planting scheme underway need setting up very quickly afterwards. The Woodland Trust “FREEwoods” scheme has turned out to be for private landowners only. Cllr Cook reported that he has signed a new Wayleave Agreement with Central Networks who are going to talk to the owner of the Kennels about the proposed new position of the electricity pole. ACTION: Cllr Keene, Cllr Cook

6. ANGLIAN WATER – SURFACE WATER SEWER AND DITCH

Despite alternative solutions offered by the parish council the CEO of AWS has refused to do any more than pipe one section of the ditch. It was agreed that the parish council can do nothing more and the riparian land owners must take on the maintenance of the remainder. Cllr Cook reported that AW has served him notice to carry out the works.

7. FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT

The parish council agreed to adopt the new model Freedom of Information Act publication that is valid from 1st January 2009. Details of information available from the clerk, notice board or website will be available soon. ACTION: Clerk

8. FINANCE

Monthly balances. Enterprise Account £29457.21; Treasurer Account £31498.15

8.2. Cheques for payment were as follows:

02/12/2008Gopak Ltd Tbles, chairs, trolley £3,347.78 101619
02/12/2008A H Contracts Dog bins £84.22 101620
02/12/2008R C Builders & Contractors Pavilion extension £25,850.00 101621
02/12/2008Mazars LLP Audit fee £158.62 101622
02/12/2008SLCC Clerk's subscription £72.00 101623
02/12/2008Sports Ground Services Mowing £324.30 101624
02/12/2008Peter Hammond Associates Quantity Surveyor pavilion £211.50 101625
02/12/2008Andec Solutions Line marking paint £57.34 101626
02/12/2008P Burton Ink cartridge £24.96 101627
02/12/2008Sherington Village Hall Hall hire £33.00 101628
02/12/2008Wendy Austyn Clerk's salary £288.36 101629
02/12/2008Wendy Austyn Clerk's expenses £31.65 101630
02/12/2008SCAN magazine Donation £225.00 101631
02/12/2008St Lauds Church Donation £400.00 101632
02/12/2008T Pilcher Donation £25.00 101633
02/12/2008Colin Scowen Perry Lane caretaker £56.00 101634
02/12/2008Nina Beal Pavilion cleaner £56.00 101635
02/12/2008Chicheley Farms Ltd Christmas Tree £44.06 101636

8.3. Approve expenditure on goal post repair. £114 was approved. ACTION: Clerk

8.4. Approve additional expenditure for pre-school. £132.50 was approved in addition to the £500 already budgeted for, this is for safety matting in the pre-school play area. ACTION: Clerk

8.5. Annual Return. The audit of accounts has been concluded and the Annual Return is available for inspection by any local government elector for Sherington, on application to the Clerk.

9. PLANNING

9.1. 08/01725/FUL Winnowing Barn, High St – change of use No adverse comment.

9.2. 08/01872/FUL 12 Hillview – change flat roof to pitched. No adverse comment.

9.3. Decisions. Permission has been granted to 22 Carters Close and 3 Gun Lane.

9.4. MKC Development Control. A letter complaining about the handling of the Land adjacent to 10 Crofts End application has been sent to the chair of the DCC, this has been acknowledged and a response promised by 16th December. A general letter has been received stating that the processes are currently being reviewed but changes will not affect Sherington as yet.

10. SHERINGTON SPORTS GROUND

10.1. Pavilion building project. Cllr Burton reported that the builder has been given an extension to complete the extension due to the floor not drying out in time, and a damp proof membrane will now have to be laid. ACTION: Cllr Burton

10.2. Pavilion management group. Cllr Masters reported that the next meeting is January; and the booking secretary is ready to take bookings as soon as the hall is ready. The clerk and the chairman met with Laurie Johnson from Bucks Community Action to discuss the official set up of the group, and advice has also been requested from MKC. A meeting between the parish council and management group was suggested. The goalmouths have deteriorated again, it was agreed to ask MKC to have a look, and additional drainage may be needed as a longer term solution. ACTION: Cllr Masters, Clerk, Cllr Burton

11. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

11.1. MKNECAF Wed 3rd December 7.30pm Weston Underwood Cllr Hyde to attend. ACTION: Cllr Hyde

11.2. MK Economic Summit 9th December MK Stadium Cllr Keene will attend representing his company, and will report back salient points. ACTION: Cllr Keene

11.3. Precept 2009/10 This was set for Monday 12th January.

12. CORRESPONDENCE

None.

13. PUBLIC COMMENTS

13.1. An increase in dog fouling on the recreation field was reported which seems to mainly occur around 7.30/8am. Dogs are not allowed on this area, and it was agreed to place a note in SCAN, whilst investigating the purchase of another sign and action from MKC. ACTION: Clerk

13.2. A resident reported seeing a cyclist on Alban Hill with no lights or reflective clothing. A note will be put in SCAN.

13.3. The owner of the proposed new beauty spa at Winnowing Barn, High St offered her support to the community through fundraising etc.

13.4. The caretaker enquired as to who was going to cover the grounds man duties at Perry Lane. Cllr Burton reported that a comprehensive maintenance list needed to be drawn up and the tasks divided between a landscaping company and the present caretaker. Maintenance of the car park is still being pursued, and the benches at the nature area need replacing with more robust models. ACTION: Cllr Burton, Cllr Masters

14. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

14.1. Cllr Hyde enquired as to the state of the topsoil that has been used to fill in the gaps alongside the newly refurbished village hall footpath. It was agreed this was messy but would settle down in time.

14.2. Cllr Hyde enquired as to whether MKC had had a chance to look at the trees on Carters Close green. This will be carried out in December.

14.3. Cllr Burton reported the temporary closure of the post office, whilst wishing Ray and Teddy well following Ray’s recent stay in hospital.

15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 6th January 2009 at the Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm. There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.35 pm

          Pages 1276 to 1278  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018