Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

February 2010

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 2nd February 2010 in Sherington Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs Peter Burton (Chair), David Hyde, David Keene, Ian Thomson and Trevor Kirby

ALSO ATTENDING: Wendy Austyn (Clerk) and four members of the public

Cllr Cook.


The minutes of the meeting held on 5th January 2010 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.


4.1 Cycle Path update. The Clerk reported that the reason for the gaps in the proposed cycle lanes is that in some places the road surface is too damaged or too narrow. Patching work will be done but until the entire road is resurfaced gaps will remain. Clerk to chase for action on this. ACTION: Clerk

4.2 Salt Bins. Salt bins can be requested and will be refilled by MKC. Councillors agreed to think about suitable locations and advise the clerk asap. ACTION: All Cllrs

4.3 Bucks Community Action merger. The council was asked to vote on a merger of Bucks Community Action with other organisations and change its name to ‘Community Impact Bucks’. Parish councils will no longer be members but continue to be subscribers and receive all the same services as before. The parish council agreed to vote For the proposals. ACTION: Clerk

4.4 Proposed parking prevention order. Concerns have been raised how this will be enforceable, it was agreed to raise this at the next NECAF. ACTION: Clerk

4.5 External Audit of 2008/09. This is now complete and the accounts are available for inspection.

4.6 Play Area Inspections June 2009. The parish council has received inspection reports on the village hall and Perry Lane play areas noting several action points to be carried out by MKC. Clerk to query when these actions will be carried out. It was also noted that a recent visit from Kate Davidson new Play Areas Officer highlighted issues at the village hall play area not identified on the June report. ACTION: Clerk


Cllr Burton reported that the planning application has been submitted and several comments from neighbours have already been received at MKC. The business plan is still awaited; however a quote of £375 has been received from PDD Surveyors to provide costings for the project and this expenditure was approved. It was noted that the decision will probably be made by the Development Control Committee but date not known which may result in the rescheduling of the next village meeting provisionally planned for 20th March. It was agreed to liaise with the architect and MKC to ascertain when a decision is likely to be made. ACTION: Cllr Burton, Clerk


6.1 Monthly Balances Enterprise Account £3583.17; Treasurer Account £3411.35

6.2 Cheques for payment were as follows:

02/02/2010Bucks Community Action Subscriptions £30.00 101772
02/02/2010Mazars LLP External audit fee 646.25 101773
02/02/2010A H Contracts Dog bins £82.25 101774
02/02/2010Lune Architects Ltd Drawings and documentation £1,498.13 101775
02/02/2010Barry Tofts Perry Lane railing repair £300.00 101776
02/02/2010Martin Jeeves Perry Lane booking + caretaker £100.00 101777
02/02/2010Wendy Austyn Clerk's salary £304.51 101778
02/02/2010Nina Beal Pavilion cleaner £58.99 101779

6.3 2010/11 precept This has been set at £21,286. An increase of £3.84%

6.4 Mowing contract renewal DC Blunt has quoted £1400 for a new contract to mow in the village which councillors were happy to approve. The clerk took advice from BALC and it was agreed to amend the parish council’s Standing Orders to exempt ongoing contracts of less than £2000 from the 3 quotes process, unless deemed necessary. Cllr Keene proposed this and Cllr Hyde seconded the change. ACTION: Clerk

6.5 Funding applications These have been submitted to the Parish Partnership Fund for improvements at Stonepits Copse; to the Play Area Improvement Fund for a new multi activity unit at the village hall play area; and to the Youth Work Fund on behalf of the Youth Club for table tennis improvements.


7.1 09/02292/FUL Church Farm Church End – proposed new access to Gun Lane. The parish council had no issues with the new access itself but objected to the excessive urbanised visual splay that MKC is insisting on. The access should be in keeping with its rural location. ACTION: Clerk

7.2 10/00069/FUL 10 Crofts End – demolition of existing lean to structure and construction of two single storey extensions. - No adverse comments.

7.3 10/00082/TPO 6 High St – TPO consent to re-pollard a weeping willow tree. - No adverse comments.

7.4 Decisions. The application from The White Hart has been approved; the application for 2 End Farm Water Lane has been withdrawn..


8.1. Pavilion management group. Cllr Thomson reported the salient points from the management group meeting on 27th January – problems with the new flooring remain and these are to be chased up; the fees are being increased to £5 and £6 per hour for non Sherington residents; discussions are ongoing regarding boot cleaning equipment for the football clubs; enquiries regarding appropriate licensing are being made; the power socket on the recreation ground is to be removed; date of next meeting 16th March. ACTION: Clerk, Cllr Thomson


9.1. Next NECAF meeting Wednesday 3rd March 7.30pm Lavendon Village Hall.




11.1. The parish council was asked to host a Hustings evening before the local elections on May 6th. This was provisionally agreed for Sunday May 2nd and the clerk will invite the local candidates. ACTION: Clerk

11.2. A Sherington Bridge resident wondered what the exceptions were to the proposed “Prevention of parking on verges” order.

11.3. Alan Sims thanked the parish council for its recent letter; Cllr Burton once more thanked Alan and wished him and Pam all the best for the future.

11.4. It was confirmed that there are no more plans to replace any street lights in the village.


12.1. Cllr Burton confirmed that work to the exterior paving of the pavilion is still outstanding.

13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 2nd March 2010 at the Village Hall commencing at 7.30 pm. There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.35pm

          Pages 1324 to 1326  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018