Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

February 2015

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 3rd February 2015 at Sherington Village Hall, commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: J Ager (Chair), I Collinge and J Cook

ALSO ATTENDING: : Hannah Balazs (Clerk), Ward Cllr Keith McLean, Ward Cllr D Hosking, Ward Cllr P Geary and 25 members of the public.

1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr D Hyde and Cllr A Denman.

2. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr I Collinge item 7 Website and Cllr J Cook item 4 Parish Poll.

3. APPROVE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 6th January 2015 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman

4. PARISH POLL
Ward Cllr K McLean apologised for the results being published incorrectly in the local Phonebox magazine. It was noted that there was a different error in Scan. The Clerk has sent the correct results to MKC as this was used to decide parish council's views in reply to the planning application. Ward Cllr K McLean advised a parish cllr is well within their rights to attend the meeting that will decide the outcome to the application at MKC and the Parish Poll was just to get the Parish's views for a reply to MKC.

5. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
Cllr I Collinge advised that MKC have now received the Parish's application for the Area Designation for the Neighbourhood plan and are now responsible for advertising the public consultation. Bob Wilson has been appointed as point of contact at MKC, there is a meeting Friday (6th Feb) to see what MKC can do the help towards village neighbourhood plan. The plan has been advertised in Scan, there is 8 people in the Steering Group. The next meeting is at the Pavilion on Friday evening then Saturday morning. The meeting will be held last Tuesday of the month so can be reported the following week at the Parish Council Meeting. Just so it is noticed the financial side of the group is still the Parish Council's responsibility. ACTION: Cllr Collinge

6. NEWPORT PAGNELL'S NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
Cllr I Collinge attended the neighbourhood plan meeting for Newport Pagnell and instead of planning 600 houses, which would mean there will be no new school and extra classes/rooms will be tagged on to the current schools, they are proposing 1400 on Tickford Fields. NP Ousedale is full which may mean Sherington's Students would have to travel to Olney. Lavendon School takes children from 4 to 11 so maybe Sherington School should start taking 4 to 11 as well. Medical facilities need to be looked into as well maybe doctors could travel to village once a week etc. We need to respond to Newport Pagnell ASAP. ACTION: Cllr Collinge

7. PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE
This could not be discussed as there was not the correct number of Cllrs present, will do email round robin. ACTION: All in Email

8. PROJECTOR AND PORTABLE SCREEN
This could not be discussed as there was not the correct number of Cllrs present, will do email round robin. Cllr P Geary has advised he will give £250.00 out of his personal budget towards this. ACTION: All in Email

9. WARD COUNCILLOR'S REPORT

Cllr K McLean advised of latest budget and this will be considered shortly. Budget cut regarding Olney Library maybe local parishes may have to send donations all info on MKC website some services still under threat. New app going live to report issues in June. Projector and Screen for Sherington Council Cllr K McLean will consider this in his personal budget, Cllr P Geary advised that he will give £250 out of his personal budget towards this. There are public consultations regarding Ousedale changes to intakes or 2016 to allow for kids with music computability will take priority over some of the local residents. Bus services two thirds are being cut however the 21 service to Lavendon will be retained but not sure how often this will be.

10. CLERKS REPORT

10.1 COUNCIL ARCHIVES - Hannah advised she had spoken to Pam Loose and she has advised the details being held on the memory stick should not be a problem. Hannah is going to double check the data protection act. ACTION: Clerk

10.2 TREES AT THE MOUND - Hannah has emailed MKC again regarding the resident's concerns that the view at the Mound is no longer visible.

10.3 PRESCHOOL AREA - MKC have been back in touch and been to Preschool to discuss the ground where the tree was - so hopefully this is now going in the right direction.

11. VILLAGE SHOP UPDATE

Apparently Shopco are meeting next week so maybe next month there will be an update.

12. FINANCE

12.1 Bank Account balance at 3rd February £19,092.83

12.2 Cheques for payment were as follows:

03/02/2015Martin Jeeves £100.00102278
03/02/2015Hannah Balazs £421.50102279
03/02/2015N Beal £42.00102280
03/02/2015BALC £1.50102281
03/02/2015Reform Fire Ltd £100.80102282
03/02/2015AH Contracts £84.00102283
03/02/2015Milton Keynes Council £220.28102284
03/02/2015AH Contracts £102.00102285

13. PLANNING APPLICATIONS AND DECISIONS

13.1. 14/02838/FUL - Charlesbury Kennels The Old Mill House Sherington Newport Pagnell MK16 9JA : - Demolition of rear extension and construction of replacement single storey rear extension; installation of new and replacement first floor windows. No Adverse Comments will advise MKC. ACTION: Clerk

Decisions.

14. SHERINGTON RECREATION GROUND

Cllr Ager advised Geoff has resigned, Cllr Denman, Cllr Ager and Cllr Hyde will have a meeting and will report next month

15. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

None.

16. CORRESPONDENCE/NEW CONSULTATIONS

  None

17. PUBLIC COMMENTS

17.1 David - New road servicing Church End, the tarmac is now higher than the drain and comes down to the thatched cottage. The water backs up to people's doors. This needs clearing so goes to Church End. The houses near the garages: there is a gully that when cars go past sets of a huge wave.

17.2 Jane Coles - 14 School Lane our Neighbour has a window looking directly into our garden so why should this be a issue with her neighbour as it will be the same.

17.3 Has Shopco transferred to the council - No not yet we believe Shopco are having a meeting next week

17.4 The village hall car park needs resurfacing happy to get this done and split with Shopco and the Village Hall, will send a copy of the letter to parish council in case.

17.5 Standing Orders need revising- Cllr's positions and code of conduct is not in line with other councils. Cllr Ager advised that we adhere to government guidelines and will check with Cllr Denman.

17.6 A few years ago edging was completed in Water lane the resident has had the left hand side done however the right side has still been left he has spoken to highways but this was a few years ago.

17.7 Why Does NP Plan have two sites within the Sherington Boundary? Cllr Collinge advised it doesn't Tickford Fields are in NP boundary.

17.8 Jackie Cook asked why James Cook is still on the Parish Council when Sally Cook has left as both had a conflict of interest and she didn't think is was right or fair. She also declared Alec Denman was employed by the Cook's and should therefore be removed as well.
James responded that Alex Denman is not a member of his father's staff. He also explained the situation regarding his right to be on the Council as explained to him by Stephen Gerrard - head of legal at MK Council and asked why she has always complained at his presence on the council since the day he started.
John Ager stated the legalities of James' position on the Parish Council in not up for discussion as this was address over a year ago when he joined.

18. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

18.1 Cllr Collinge advised Ward Cllr P Geary had offered to provide £250.00 out of his personal budget towards the projector and screen so is asking for a further £135.00. Will discuss at next months meeting.

18.2 Cllr Collinge also asked when meeting will be held in May due to elections. It was agreed the 12th May as first Tuesday after. Hannah will book.

19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 3rd March 2015 at the Village Hall commencing at 7.30 pm. There being no further business the meeting ended at 10.15 pm

          Pages 1492 to 1495  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018