Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

January 2011

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 4th January 2011 in Sherington Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs P Burton (Chair), D Keene, D Hyde, T Kirby, J Ager, I Thomson and M Northfield.

ALSO ATTENDING: Wendy Austyn (Clerk), and 1 member of the public

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
None.

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr Northfield declared an interest in the community shop item.

3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on 7th December 2010 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

4. CLERK'S REPORT

4.1 2011 Census. MKC Governance has sent a letter asking for support from the parish council in encouraging everyone to complete their census forms on 27th March 2011. It was agreed to ask for clarification as to exactly what is required from the parish council before possibly placing a note in SCAN. ACTION: Clerk

4.2 Cycle Path to Newport Pagnell. Ceri Griffin has confirmed that the road from Sherington to Newport Pagnell is included in the highway repairs programme for summer 2011. Once this has been carried out the cycle lanes can be installed. It was agreed to chase Highways for confirmation that the High St will also be included this year; J W Cook & Son has asked if it may purchase the top level “road scrapings” for use on its property. ACTION: Clerk

5. COMMUNITY SHOP COMMITTEE UPDATE

Cllr Northfield reported that the committee had met on 13th December where tasks were delegated to appropriate people; a meeting to discuss the potential changes to the planning consent for a temporary building was to take place on 4th January; other people were now tasked with sourcing funding; there is still interest in purchasing the currently available temporary shop from Sussex; the committee next meets on 10th January. ACTION: Cllr Northfield, Cllr Keene

6. ADOPTION OF PARISHES PROTOCOL

Formerly known as the Parish Council Charter, this newly updated document which describes the relationship and certain terms of agreement between Milton Keynes Council and parish councils was signed and adopted at the meeting. ACTION: Clerk

7. THE LOCALISM BILL

A ten page document has been received from NALC summarising the details of the newly proposed Localism Bill which seeks to devolve many powers, including those involving planning, from the local unitary authority to local town and parish councils. Councillors agreed that that there were profound implications with these proposed changes and it was agreed to wait for further clarification from MKC before taking any further action. ACTION: Clerk

8. STONEPITS COPSE

Cllr Keene reported that the stile has now been installed and the grass mown in order to give the spring bulbs a chance to push through. J W Cook & Son has offered to help design and mow an informal winding footpath that leads visitors naturally to the new stile, Cllr Keene to meet and discuss. When the weather warms up Cllrs Keene and Kirby will look at digging out a natural seat into the sloping bank in the centre. ACTION: Cllr Keene

9. FINANCE

9.1 Monthly Balances Enterprise Account £5091.60; Treasurer Account £1699.61

9.2 Cheques for payment were as follows:

04/01/2011A H Contracts Dog bins £82.25 101864
04/01/2011Anglian Water Water at pavilion £57.65 101865
04/01/2011Bernard Crook Garden Services Ltd Supply/install Stone pits stile £475.88 101866
04/01/2011Bernard Crook Garden Services Ltd Cut grass Stone pits copse £88.13 101867
04/01/2011E.ON Electricity for pavilion £244.62 101868
04/01/2011Wendy Austyn Clerk's salary £191.82 101869
04/01/2011Wendy Austyn Clerk's salary £17.28 101870
04/01/2011Martin Jeeves Perry Lane caretaker/bookings £100.00 101871
04/01/2011Nina Beal Pavilion cleaner £35.00 101872

9.3 Pavilion meters The clerk reported that a new night rate meter has been fitted at the pavilion which should see electric bills coming down; the water bills have reduced significantly whilst water is being turned off in-between usage. It was agreed that the water should now be left on to check for any leaks. ACTION: Clerk

10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS AND DECISIONS

10.1. Decisions. The planning application for Calgary House 5 Church End has been withdrawn; consent has been granted for tree felling and pruning at The Old Rectory..

11. SHERINGTON SPORTS GROUND

11.1. Pavilion exterior landscaping. Cllr Burton reported that due to the weather the first phase of the planned exterior work has been delayed but should commence this week, with the second phase due to be completed by mid-March. Funding is to be claimed from WREN. ACTION: Clerk

11.2. Pavilion management group. It was agreed that any pitch maintenance work for 2011/12 needs to be agreed with MKC and the committee at the end of the current season. The next meeting is on Tuesday 11th January 2011 at the pavilion

12. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

12.1. Precept meeting Thursday 13th January 7.45pm at the pavilion. Also to be discussed will be the Parish Plan and the proposed new play equipment at the village hall play area. Cllr Thomson gave his apologies for this meeting. ACTION: All Cllrs

12.2. Rural Master planning and Design workshop Monday 17th January MKC. Hosted by MKC this workshop covers assessing design of quality rural housing. Cllrs Keene and Kirby will attend, the clerk to chase for details. ACTION: Clerk

12.3. Interim NECAF Wed 19th January 2011 North Crawley Institute. MKC Deputy Head of Finance Gary Waghorn will attend to talk more about changes to the economic environment at MKC. Cllr Hyde will attend.

13. CORRESPONDENCE

None.

14.PUBLIC COMMENTS

14.1. It was suggested that the attendance of Neighbourhood Management lead Rob Ward at the February meeting be publicised to encourage more public attendance.

14.2. A request to re-insert into SCAN magazine details of how to contact MKC to report pot holes was received. ACTION: Cllr Clerk

15 COUNCILLORS ITEMS

15.1 Cllr Thomson reported an increase in vehicles parked on pavements.

15.2 Cllr Burton suggested that the parish council look into resurfacing the village hall car park; it was agreed to obtain costs. ACTION: Cllr Clerk

16. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 1st February 2011 at the Village Hall commencing at 7.30 pm. There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.20pm.

          Pages 1353 to 1355  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018