Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

January 2006

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 3rd January 2006 in the Village Hall, Sherington commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs David Hyde (Chair), Bill Lewis (Vice Chair), Peter Cook, Peter Burton, Bob Finn and Peter Herbert.

ATTENDING: Wendy Austyn (Clerk) and 3 public.

1. APOLOGIES Cllr Keene

2. CO-OPTION OF NEW COUNCILLOR The Chairman welcomed Peter Herbert to the Council; Cllr Herbert submitted his Register of Interests and also signed a Declaration of Acceptance of Office which was witnessed by the Clerk.

3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST Cllr Burton declared an interest in the Sherington Residents Management Group item; Cllr Cook declared an interest in the Smiths Yard item; and Cllr Hyde declared an interest in the planning application for St Lauds Church.

4. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING The minutes of the meeting held on 6th December 2005 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

5. MATTERS ARISING

5.1. Under grounding and street lighting in village. Eddie Cochrane (CN) reports that his teams will be recommencing installing the new services in Water Lane on Tuesday 3rd January. MKC has requested that the storm drain culvert is re-excavated to check CNís repair work from August. ACTION: Clerk to clarify this. Alec Chinnery (CN HQ) is sure that just the High Street and Crofts End as far as School Lane will be under grounded next year. ACTION: Clerk to arrange on site meeting with CN, MKC street lighting and councillors.

5.2 Ditch behind Smiths Yard ownership issue. The Clerk has received another map from MKC. ACTION: Cllrs Cook and Hyde to meet to define exact location of ditch so that a larger scale map can be sent to the Land Registry

5.3 Village Hall footpath. The architect has met John Cook on site and is now preparing drawings. It was suggested that the council should ask to see completed drawings at the February meeting. ACTION: Clerk to chase progress.

5.4 Sherington Bridge footpath and Village Inspection pilot. Further to an enquiry from Pat Seymour, Ian McGregor reported that the footpath was built for safety reasons. He also stated his intention to pilot a new village inspection system with Parish Councils as an annual walkabout in which Sherington might be interested in taking part. Pat Seymour passed on an excerpt of the 5 year carriage/footway programme for Sherington and it would appear that several roads have been missed off. ACTION: Clerk to contact Ian McGregor

6. VILLAGE REPAIRS

6.1. Gas pipeline - Transco/Murphy repairs. Nick Brown and Cllr Hyde met with representatives from Murphy and walked the length of the High St/Alban Hill that Murphy worked on last year. It is accepted that work is needed opposite the gas pumping station; the verge opposite Bakers Farm is to be reviewed in the spring; Nick will get the triangle at Gun Lane tidied and mowed to see if further work is necessary. The Clerk is awaiting a copy of MKCís letter to Transco ACTION: Clerk to chase. It was agreed that next time any major work is planned in the village photographic evidence should be obtained of the site both before and immediately after to support any subsequent claims.

6.2 Village road sweeping. The sweeper has not been seen in the village since last month. All councillors to keep an eye out for it and carry out an inspection afterwards, any unswept roads to be reported to the Clerk. ACTION: All Cllrs.

6.3 Anglian Water Ė Water Lane repairs. There were two reported incidents of sewage leaking from manholes in December which Anglian Water resolved promptly. Anglian Water has reported that the CCTV survey is complete and results are awaited to see if sleeving the sewer is a feasible option. ACTION: Clerk to chase

6.4 Pavilion windows and shutters. John Cook is liaising with John Risby to obtain an estimate for the repair work. ACTION: Clerk to chase

6.5 Bus Shelter. It would appear that the required repair work has not yet been carried out. ACTION: Clerk to chase

6.6 Hedge 19 Church Road. The owners have agreed to trim the hedge. ACTION: Clerk to write and confirm, also to respond to the resident who reported it.

6.7 Mound car park. It was reported that this is in need of a clear up. ACTION: Clerk to contact MKC

7. PARISH COUNCIL STANDING ORDERS

Only one councillor had suggested any amendments so far and the Clerk would like to look into these further so it was agreed to delay this item until the next meeting. ACTION: Cllrs and Clerk

8. SHERINGTON RESIDENTS MANAGEMENT GROUP

8.1 Planning Application. All issues with the car park drainage have been resolved so full planning consent has been granted.

8.2 Works programme. Works to existing car park and the extension are complete. Gates are to be installed asap and additional fencing is to be considered. Next in the schedule is the childrenís play area extension, BMX circuit and environment/nature study area Ėall to commence around March/April 2006.

8.3 Local clubs. Freya Coomb local FA representative will be contacted shortly to advise on application documents, funding and development. Norman Arnold is the new Bowls club representative and will organise consultation with other local clubs to establish support.

8.4 Pavilion extension/Multi Sports Arena. The council and SRMG need to decide which would be better to develop first.

8.5 New Funding. Parish Liaison has confirmed funding of £2500 towards the car park is on its way. MK Community Foundation have invited an application of up to £7500, this is to be looked into.

8.6 Development Plan. This is to be updated during early spring 2006.

8.7 Sherington Football Club. There has been no response to the councilís letter ACTION: Clerk to chase

8.8 Trailer. It was agreed to ask MKC to collect an old trailer from the car park that belonged to an ex-resident but is no longer useful. ACTION: Clerk

9. PERRY LANE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

9.1. Delegation of Management Agreement. The 2nd draft of the agreement has been circulated amongst Cllrs, taking into account comments made by both the council and SRMG. The Clerk has also added a few items required by legislation. It was agreed to add to clause 2.5 that 3 clear days public notice should be given before a meeting; Cllr Lewis then proposed to formally adopt the agreement, seconded by Cllr Finn, all agreed. ACTION: Clerk

9.2. Committee chairman vacancy. A full page notice has gone into January Scan magazine asking for someone to take on the day to day management of facilities at Perry Lane. Posters have also gone up round the village. It was agreed that the council should meet with the SRMG at their next meeting on Monday 9th January 9pm to discuss the way forward with the management committee.

10. CYCLE PATH

Richard Duffill has reported that he still does not have complete costings for the cycle path options into Sherington. Cllr Cook reported that he had not yet heard from MKC regarding land purchase costs. As this issue has been ongoing for the last 18 months to 2 years now, it was agreed to ask him for a timescale by which these can be expected, and to copy in Graham Mabbutt and Pat Seymour ACTION: Clerk

11. FINANCE

11.1 Monthly balances. Enterprise Account £15360.53; Treasurer Account £899.92

11.2 Cheques for payment were as follows:

03/01/2006Charmac Ltd Car park works £6,021.88 101301
03/01/2006M K Council Pavilion Rates £30.62 101302
03/01/2006Acorn Nurseries VH tree work £111.86 101303
03/01/2006J W Cook & Son Perry Lane rent £100.00 101304
03/01/2006Powergen Pavilion Electric £22.22 101305
03/01/2006W. Austyn Clerk's Salary £219.13 101306
03/01/2006W. Austyn Clerk's Expenses £20.54 101307

11.3 Approve payment to Acorn Nurseries for new trees. The cost of £111.86 incl. VAT was approved

11.4 Approve payment for gates at Perry Lane. The cost of £245.57 incl. VAT for two gates and hanging posts was approved. Costs for fencing, padlock and keys is to be supplied.

11.5 Approve payment for works to car park Approved at the last meeting.

11.6 Price increase for sports ground mowing. A £2 per cut increase was approved. ACTION: Clerk to write to contractor

11.7 Parish Partnership grants 2006/07 - the council is to consider possible ideas for funding applications, to be submitted by March 2006. ACTION: Cllrs

12. TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT

Cllr Lewis reported that following recent SID data he had asked PC Mark Poulton to focus his speed gun on the top end of the High Street on his next visit.

13. PLANNING

13.1. 05/01881/FUL Arbour House, Church Road - no adverse comment

13.2. 05/01882/LBC Arbour House, Church Road - no adverse comment

13.3. 05/01915/TCA St Lauds Church - no adverse comment

13.4. Recent planning decisions Ė the applications 05/01721/TP for Small House, High Street and 05/01641/LBC for Church Farm have both been granted

13.5. Correspondence re Smiths Yard Another letter has been received regarding the possible development at Smiths Yard. The council agreed to decline to comment in the absence of any detailed planning application or such like document. ACTION: Clerk to respond

13.6. MK Local Plan The council agreed that it was not in a position to give a collective response.

14. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

14.1. 2006/07 Budget meeting 24th Jan 8pm 6 Crofts End. All Cllrs are expected to attend.

14.2. MK Association Local Parish Councils 19th Jan Olney Centre 7.30pm. Cllrs questioned the need for another local forum and agreed not to attend.

14.3. Village Hall office tidy up This was agreed for Saturday 7th January 10am, all available Cllrs to attend please. ACTION: Cllrs

14.4. BLEW Open meeting 12th January St Peter and St Paulís Church 7.30pm. It was agreed to request a copy of the scoping report for Petsoe End from MKC. ACTION: Clerk

15. CORRESPONDENCE

15.1. Proposed new byelaw at Tyringham Bridge. The council agreed to not respond to the proposals.

15.2. Proposed war memorial in MK. The council agreed to decline any comment.

16. PUBLIC COMMENTS

16.1. Further to item 6.3. Water Lane sewer repairs, it was noted that Anglian Water reported large deposits of fat in the sewer which can potentially cause blockages.

16.2. Further to item 10 Cycle Path, it was suggested that the council request a timescale for the complete route through Sherington and into Newport Pagnell, as well as the route into Sherington. ACTION: Clerk

16.3. A resident enquired as to whether the council had formally contacted the Reverend Stanton-Saringer to wish him well in his next post near Reading. It was agreed to write to thank him for his work in Sherington and to extend best wishes to him and Mrs Stanton-Saringer in their new parish. ACTION: Clerk

17. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

17.1. Cllr Hyde re-raised the idea of a village plan placed perhaps on the Knoll, indicating all the village amenities. Brochures from potential suppliers are to be circulated so that Cllrs can consider this.

17.2. Cllr Hyde questioned the need for a meeting in January. There were 4 weeks between the December and January meeting but with the holiday season the number of working days in which to successfully carry out any correspondence was significantly reduced. There are still deadlines to meet however e.g. for planning applications so it was agreed that this be considered nearer the time next year.

17.3. Cllr Herbert said he was delighted to be part of Sherington Parish Council.

18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 7th February 2006 in the Village Hall at 7.30pm. There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.40pm.

          Pages 1158 to 1161  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018