Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

July 2012

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 10th July 2012 at Sherington Pavilion, commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs D Keene (Chair), J Ager, D Hyde, A Green and A Denman

ALSO ATTENDING:Wendy Austyn (Clerk) and one member of the public

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Northfield and Cllr McLean (Sherington Ward).

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None.

3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on 12th June 2012 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

4. COUNCILLOR VACANCY UPDATE
The clerk reported that since last month no further applications had been received. It was therefore agreed to hold an informal interview with the sole applicant before co-opting at the next meeting. ACTION: Cllrs Hyde & Keene

5. UPDATE ON LEASE BETWEEN PARISH COUNCIL AND SHOPCO
Cllr Keene reported that this process is very close to conclusion with the final version expected in time for the September meeting. ACTION: Cllrs Keene and Northfield

6. CLERK'S REPORT

6.1 Missing drain covers.The clerk reported that drain covers have finally been replaced at and around Chicheley Hill.

6.2 Neighbourhood Management Walkabout. Heather Baker from MKC's Neighbourhood Management team has agreed to meet with the parish councillor to inspect the village for issues such as potholes, loose kerbs, blocked drains etc. Cllr Hyde agreed to meet with her. It was also agreed that there should be a separate councillors' walkabout. ACTION: Cllr Hyde

7. FINANCE

7.1 Bank Account balance at 10th July 2012 £14035.20

7.2 Cheques for payment were as follows:

10/07/2012H M R & C Clerk's PAYE £33.80 102021
10/07/2012Bucks Playing Fields Association Subscription £20.00 102022
10/07/2012D C Blunt Gardening Services Mowing except Perry Lane £840.00 102023
10/07/2012D C Blunt Gardening Services Perry Lane groundsman £558.00 102023
10/07/2012M Beal Pavilion door repairs £60.00 102024
10/07/2012Nina Beal Pavilion cleaner £45.50 102025
10/07/2012Valerie Hargreaves Village Olympics event £200.00 102026
10/07/2012Martin Jeeves Perry Lane caretaker and bookings £100.00 102027
10/07/2012Wendy Austyn Clerk's salary £135.20 102028
10/07/2012SCAN magazine Pavilion advert £135.00 102029
10/07/2012Wendy Austyn Clerk's expenses £39.96 102030

7.3 Funding Application to MK Community Foundation The clerk reported that sustainability was a likely reason why the funding application was rejected, any resubmission would now have to wait until September. Cllr Hyde proposed and all agreed to spend £2000 pre- allocated on as many sessions as possible starting immediately; then revisit the funding application process in the Autumn. ACTION: Clerk

7.4 Funding Applications to PPF and PAIF The decision on these two MKC funds has been postponed to 10th July. The outcome will be reported at the September meeting.

7.5 Cost of new dog bin and emptying Further to last month, the approximate cost of a new bin installed on an existing post is £100.50 and onto a new post £157.50. Emptying will incur an additional £130 per year. Cllr Denman proposed and all agreed to purchase a new bin to be sited on or close to Gun Lane subject to a suitable location being found, this Cllr Denman agreed to address. ACTION: Cllr Denman, Clerk

7.6 Renewal of Parish Online Mapping system Although the mapping system available to the parish council has not so far been utilised, it was agreed to spend £40 for an initial set up and annual fee. It was also agreed to arrange a demonstration for councillors on an appropriate future date. ACTION: Clerk

7.7 Bank Mandate The clerk reported that Cllrs Denman, Green and Northfield are now authorised signatories to the parish councilís bank accounts.

7.8 Village Olympics It was noted with thanks that Cllr McLean has donated £100 from his budget to this event.

8. PLANNING APPLICATIONS AND DECISIONS

None.

9. SHERINGTON SPORTS GROUND

9.1. Pavilion management group. The next meeting is on 17th July so there was no update.

10. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

10.1. NECAF 21st June Cllr Hyde reported that Cllr Keith McLean is the new chairman of this forum; that the new officer for cycling is Mark Howes; that owing to the weather MKC is still struggling with the grass cutting schedule; and that there is now a new Code of Conduct to be adopted. The clerk reported that she was aware of the new Code of Conduct but had not yet seen it. This is likely to be on the next agenda. ACTION: Clerk

11. CORRESPONDENCE/NEW CONSULTATIONS

11.1. Local Investment Plan consultation The proposals were noted by councillors but it was agreed not to respond.

11.2. DEFRA consultation on Improvements to policy and framework for Public Rights of Way This is a public consultation so it was agreed to recirculate the link in order that councillors can respond in their own right if desired. ACTION: Clerk

12.PUBLIC COMMENTS

12.1 A resident reported no response from either MKC or Cllr McLean regarding a significant increase in traffic especially lorries and agricultural machinery around Sherington Bridge. It was agreed to write to MKC, copying Cllr McLean and the resident. ACTION: Clerk

13 COUNCILLORS ITEMS

13.1 Cllr Hyde reported that the pavement outside the new gate in the wall adjacent to Manor Farm has still not been reinstated. It was agreed to write to MKC. ACTION: Clerk

13.2 Cllr Ager reported concern over speeding vehicles on Bedford Road. It was agreed to write to MKC. ACTION: Clerk

13.3 Cllr Denman reported complaints over rubbish being left at the front of the recreation ground by pavilion users that gets strewn over the ground by foxes. It was agreed that rubbish should not be left out before Monday night and that the pavilion management committee need to address this. ACTION: Cllrs Ager Keene & Denman

14. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 4th September 2012 at the Village Hall commencing at 7.30 pm. There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.35 pm

          Pages 1405 to 1406  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018