Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

July 2015

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 7th July 2015 at Sherington Village Hall, commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs I Collinge (Chair), A Thatcher, R Johnstone, A Hughes, R Constantine, W Bush and E Caldwell

ALSO ATTENDING: : Ward Cllr Geary, Hannah Balazs (Clerk) and fourteen members of the public.

1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Ward Cllr Keith McLean.

2. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr Johnstone item 11.1 and Cllr Collinge item 11.2

3. APPROVE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on 2nd June 2015 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman Cllr I Collinge.

4. WARD COUNCILLOR'S REPORT - Cllr Peter Geary

4.1 Cllr Geary apologised that Cllr Hosking will join later.

4.2 Minerals Plan is moving through the next stage and the final draft stage in draft will be agreed by MKC to confirm nothing has changed just asking for comments. The 6 week consultation will begin from September once this is finished any modifications will then go back to MKC if no changes will then go to inspector and then back to MKC. Once this has been to inspector then MKC can only reply yes or no. All documents are available to the public and some amendments can be made before 15th July. Ward Cllrs will arrange public drop in/consultations.
September/October Parish Council meeting will be when the parish need to reply to the plan.

4.3 The Village has a new policeman and the Ward Cllrs will bring to Village so everyone can meet them.

4.4 Rachel Kingsley is leaving MKC and her replacement will takeover - hopefully change step changes certainly better in highways for the future.

5. CLERKS REPORT

5.1. Hannah updated regarding the list of Contractors within the Village, will keep posting in the SCAN Magazine and will look to see which contractors and companies are already advertising to add to the list.

5.2. Hannah advised that Stonepits is in need of having a path cut and asked the Cllrs what their opinions were on how it should be cut - Hannah to arrange getting cut with a path around and through the centre.

6. RECEIVE REPORT FROM NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP
Cllr Bush gave an update from the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group and advised that they were going to start going around the village to talk to everyone to see what they would like for the future of the village etc

6.1 A spend of £47.50 (plus VAT) for Bernwood Associates Advice was approved

6.2 Modify Terms of Reference to delegate financial control - It was agreed and approved the Steering group could have £800 to start financing the plan.

7. AGREE RESPONSE TO NEWPORT PAGNELL'S NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
David Williams kindly drafted a response to Newport Pagnell's Neighbourhood Plan - Once David has passed to Hannah she will forward to NP Council.

8. RECEIVE WORKING PARTY REPORTS AND CONSIDER MATTERS ARISING

8.1 Transfer of Shop Building - Cllr Thatcher and Cllr Johnstone advised would like CRB Checks for everyone involved with the shop. The temporary planning expires in July 2017; Post Office is due to reopen once Bhavia has taken PO Training. Parish Council will be responsible for the Shop from 1st August so Insurance needs arranging ASAP. ACTION: HB

8.2 Perry Lane Car Park - MKC housing have filled the potholes near the garages however the rest of the car park still needs sorting out. Cllr Collinge to respond to MKC thanking them and reminding them not completed. ACTION: IC

8.3 Pavilion and Recreation Ground - Cllr Johnstone gave an update and that the working party have been up to the pavilion and made a list of jobs that need doing and the basic repairs need to be carried out first. It was agreed that the gate needs to start being locked when the Pavilion is not in use. Hannah advised that Bucks Fire have been in touch and the fire exit with the bar is not opening and needs to be repaired ASAP Cllr Constantine and Cllr Caldwell will action the door.
Hannah also mentioned a request for a fridge at the Pavilion this was Approved. ACTION: EC & RC

8.4 Village Hall Play Area Litter Bins - Cllr Caldwell advised the cost for a new bin with MKC is £700.00 the rates are very competitive. Cllr Collinge advised there should be a bin in storage if not then it was approved to buy a new bin. ACTION: EC

8.5 Dog Bins - Hannah to contact A H Contract regarding new dog bins ACTION: HB

8.6 Village Hall Play Area Seats - Hannah to research recycled plastic benches and prices ACTION: HB

8.7 Trees - Parish Council to apply for 105 trees and these will be located at Stonepits and then various locations around the village.

9. CONSIDER RESPONSE TO PROPOSED MKC DRAFT MINERALS PLAN PUBLIC CONSULTATION
Cllr Collinge advised the Parish Council did respond on the previous round of consultations and have till September/October to plan a response and send.

10. FINANCE

10.1 Review and approve update to annual budget- This was done with Cllrs Thatcher and Collinge and the clerk as current projects were added and was approved at the meeting

10.2 Review monthly balances - Bank Account Balance at 7th July 2015 - £24,910.03

10.3 Cheques for payment -

Hannah Balazs Clerk's PAYE £252.90102317
N Beal Pavilion Cleaner £42.00102318
Wendy Austyn Professional Services £200.25102319
DC Blunt Gardening Mowing £1398.00102320
Nexus Cleaning Supplies Pavilion Supplies £93.74102321
Getmapping.com Subscription £33.60102322
Sports Ground Services Mowing Rec Field £414.00102323
AH Contracts Dog Bins £105.00102324
Sherington Village Hall Hall Hire £13.00102325
Zurich Insurance PLC Insurance £1257.11102326
EON Pavilion Utilities £615.69102327
VOID VOID VOID102328
AK Fire Ltd Fire Alarm Service £60.00102330
Prepared Payroll Solutions Payroll £72.00102329

10.4 Bank Mandate - Everyone has now handed in their ID however the form needed redoing as it has now changed and is out of date - All cllrs have now signed and the mandate will be handed into HSBC for completion ACTION: HB

10.5 Consider grant application from MK Mediation Service - All Cllrs agreed not to complete a donation this year

11. PLANNING APPLICATIONS - CONSIDER RESPONSE TO MKC
Cllr Collinge proposed to work how MKC work so the applicants can make a statement to the PC regarding their application and then any objections can be heard before the PC considers their response.

11.1. Application 15/01226/FUL Manor Farm - Open-Sided "Dutch" Barn Following a site visit by all 7 Parish Councillors and a discussion at the subsequent Parish Council Meeting last night (7th July 2015), the above Application received the support of 5 of the Councillors present, with 1 Declaration of Interest and the Chairman was not required to vote. A very brief summary of the discussion is that the Councillors felt that supporting local businesses is very important and that none of the objections carried enough weight to shift this principle. The proximity to the Scheduled Ancient Monument was felt to be an area where English Heritage and the Conservation Officers would make their own recommendations and was beyond the remit of the Parish Council. ACTION: HB

11.2. Application 15/01416/TCA 1 Park Road - No Adverse Comments

11.3. Application 15/01504/TCA 8 High Street - No Adverse Comments

11.4. MKC Decisions - 8 High Street: Summer House was rejected, Balcony has been approved

12. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

12.1 MK North East Area Forum - 25th June 2015 - Cllr Collinge attended

13. CORRESPONDENCE/NEW CONSULTATIONS

  None

14. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

14.1 John Cook - When the Pavilion was just for football and cricket it was very successful then the extension was built due to insufficient meeting space etc. Last year this was 28% of our precept so is this still worth running?

14.2 Robert - Post boxes around the village have different collection times. Two of the post boxes have a 9am collection time where as the one near the shop has a collection of 4:30 and is a low capacity post-box.

14.3 Bhavia - have tried to contact PC regarding building a permanent shop and flat on current land, MKC do not have an issue regarding this however as PC land need permission from PC to apply for planning permission

14.4 Michael Cook - Footpath between NP and Sherington is down to 18 inches and is very dangerous Ward Cllr Hosking advised new highways department will come out and have a look and deal with it.

14.5 Nigel - Car Parking along Crofts End and Carters Close is really bad people are parking across the pavement: Ward Cllr Hosking advised the police were issuing notices not to do it and will check the status but it was in the Phonebox magazine.

14.6 Ali - Water lane Hedges are very overgrown Cllr Caldwell to check status

15. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

15.1. Cllr Johnstone - Been approached advising land footpaths x3 Gales Farm is in very poor condition: is happy to report

15.2. Cllr Thatcher - Just wanted to mention the bombardment of emails can we request to have 3 working days prior to reply or meeting and 48hrs before meeting to receive reports so all have time and are prepared for the meetings.

16. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next Parish Meeting will be held in August 2015 once a date has been confirmed this will be at the Pavilion. Otherwise the next meeting at the Village hall will be on 2nd September 2015 at the Village Hall commencing at 7.30 pm. There being no further business the meeting ended at 2230hrs

          Pages 1508 to 1511  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018