Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

July 2009

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 7th July 2009 in Sherington Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs Peter Burton (Chair), David Hyde, Peter Cook, Ian Thomson and Trevor Kirby

ALSO ATTENDING: Wendy Austyn (Clerk), and four other members of the public

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Keene.

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None.

3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on 2nd June 2009 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

4. CLERK'S REPORT

4.1 Kerbing. At the Streetcare Walkabout sections of kerb on Crofts End and Gun Lane were suggested for renewal, these have been put forward to MKC. ACTION: Clerk

4.2. New posting boxes. These have been installed on the Knoll and School Lane and are designed for rural business use with 58% more capacity and larger apertures.

4.3. End of MKPA play ranger sessions. The lottery funded “play bus” sessions have come to an end after a very successful year of providing after school activities for children in the village hall play area. Children and parents presented the play rangers with home made cards, and it was agreed to send a letter of thanks from the parish council. ACTION: Clerk

4.4. Summer sports club for youths 8-15 years. MKC Sports Development has approached the parish council for free use of the pavilion and recreation ground for five weeks during summer holidays to provide professional football, rugby, athletics and cheerleading coaching. It was agreed to ask MKC to contribute a portion of the venue costs. ACTION: Clerk

4.5. Bridge Leys Cottage, Sherington Bridge. The clerk reported that the police and MKC Road Safety have been contacted. The latest update is that the local PSCO has visited the occupier who claims it is too dangerous to use the driveway and the PSCO gave her permission to park a car on the pavement. It was agreed that this is not acceptable especially as MKC and the NAG are currently focussing on preventing this. ACTION: Clerk

4.6. Chicheley Hill mound. MKC has now confirmed that this area has been officially adopted onto its system. It is claimed that the damage to the trees is caused by rabbits.

5. PARISH PLAN – FUTURE OF COMMUNITY AND COMMERCIAL FACILITIES

The meeting on September 5th is now 10.30am and flyers are to be delivered to each household as a reminder nearer the time, together with another note in SCAN. All councillors to help out. An informal arrangement of chairs and tables, refreshments etc was discussed. Confusion remains over whether the Swan pub has been sold or not. ACTION: Clerk, all cllrs

6. FINANCE

6.1 Monthly balances. Enterprise Account £4140.89; Treasurer Account £2804.11

6.2 Cheques for payment were as follows:

07/07/2009Wendy Austyn Clerk's salary £246.90 101708
07/07/2009Wendy Austyn Clerk's expenses £13.66 101709
07/07/2009D C Blunt Perry Lane groundsman £284.50 101710
07/07/2009D C Blunt Mowing rest of village £776.25 101711
07/07/2009A H Contracts Dog bins £108.27 101712
07/07/2009Milton Keynes Council Inspection fee pavilion porch £164.05101713
07/07/2009Sports Ground Services Mowing rec field £396.75101714
07/07/2009Martin Jeeves Perry Lane booking + caretaker £100.00 101715
07/07/2009Nina Beal Pavilion cleaner £49.00 101716

6.3 Dog Bins. It was agreed to have these cleaned this summer, cost £10 per bin. ACTION: Clerk

7. PLANNING

7.1 09/00875/FUL and 09/00876/LBC Rowan Cottage, 1 Park Road – removal and construct staircase plus single storey rear extension - No adverse comments.

7.2 09/00917/TCA Rowan Cottage, 1 Park Road – tree work - No adverse comments.

7.3 09/01076/FUL 23 Carters Close – single storey rear extension - No adverse comments.

7.4 Decisions The applications from 6 High St and Gowles Farm have been permitted, the CLUE application from Alban Hill Nursery has been refused again.

8. SHERINGTON SPORTS GROUND

8.1. Pavilion building/refurbishment project. Cllr Burton reported that construction of the new porch has begun and some of the refurbishment will follow on. Funds are still being sought for completion of the refurbishment. The pitch will be relocated and trees trimmed in early/mid August. Drawings for the external area around the new extension to include steps and a retaining wall have been done, costed and sent for tender. It is hoped that funding will be granted for this in the new year.ACTION: Cllr Burton, Clerk

8.2. Pavilion management group. Cllr Cook reported that the roller has now been removed from the recreation ground; Cllr Thomson reported that the management group meets the following night. Alan Ranger reported that some of the hawthorn trees around the car park need replacing, it was agreed to get quantities and costs for these. ACTION: Clerk

9. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

9.1. NECAF 3rd June Cllr Kirby reported regarding the Minerals Extraction Plan and subsequent “Planning Gain” that will be available to towns and parishes. The response to the item raised by Sherington about heavy loads of correspondence was that it is likely to get worse not better.

9.2. NAG Rural North 4th June Cllr Hyde reported that this was a meeting not worth attending due to lack of content and he couldn’t see the justification of having a NAG.

9.3. NECAF 16th September Olney Centre Advance notice.

9.4. Football club annual review To be discussed and arranged by the pavilion management committee.

9.5. Planning meeting Several planning applications have been submitted that cannot wait until the September parish council meeting so it was agreed to hold a short interim meeting in August purely to consider these. Clerk to arrange date. It was also suggested that in future years the July meeting be held later in the month to shorten the gap between the July and September meetings. ACTION: Clerk

9.6. Village Hall AGM Cllr Burton reported that he attended this meeting and raised the subject of the low security gate in the pre-school play area being easy to open; and renewing the gravel on the car park.

10. CORRESPONDENCE

10.1 MK Lions basketball sessions. The clerk reported that she had been approached by the MK Lions offering summer coaching sessions at a cost to the parish council of £650. It was agreed this was not feasible. ACTION: Clerk

10.2 Accident Remedial Scheme Chicheley Hill roundabout. An email has been received from MKC detailing the provision of a new chevron sign on the splitter island at the south bound entry to the roundabout, following the high accident rate at this site. ACTION: Clerk

11. PUBLIC COMMENTS

11.1. A resident asked for an update regarding the Swan pub, but nothing factual was available.

11.2. It was suggested that the North bound entry to the Chicheley Hill roundabout was also dangerous.

12. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

12.1. Cllr Cook reported concern about the trees at Stonepits Copse, following the recent dry weather. It was agreed to undertake watering by end of July, Cllr Cook will arrange.

12.2. Cllr Cook reported the completion of the now piped section of ditch behind Smiths Yard, leaving the remainder of the open ditch subject to the same problems. It was agreed to monitor the situation following the next heavy rainfall.

13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The next full meeting will be held on Tuesday 1st September 2009 at the Village Hall commencing at 7.30 pm. The August interim planning meeting will be advertised as per usual when a date is confirmed. There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.50 pm

          Pages 1298 to 1300  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018