Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

March 2008

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 4th March 2008 in Sherington Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs Peter Burton (Chair), Peter Cook, David Keene, Ian Thomson and David Hyde

ALSO ATTENDING: Wendy Austyn (Clerk), Sam Potts (Sherington ward councillor) and 3 public.

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Wright.

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None.

3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on 5th February 2008 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

4. CLERK'S REPORT

Tree Maintenance. Work on the Village Hall play area is now complete, and work on the Knoll can now commence as there has been no objection from Milton Keynes Council. ACTION: Clerk

Street lighting and under grounding. The teams from McAlpine are currently in the village removing redundant poles and cables. Ownership of the remaining poles has now transferred to BT who have replaced two rotten poles and removed two more. It was agreed to contact BT to see if any more poles could be removed. ACTION: Cllr Hyde

Car parking outside shop. Due to the legal requirements regarding length and width, considerably fewer cars could park in newly marked designated spaces than can currently so it was agreed to not pursue this.

Flooding in Church Road garden. MKC could not see any blockages in the piped section of ditch under the Village Hall play area although a football has found its way down there. The resident concerned will continue to monitor the situation.

5. SHERINGTON SPORTS GROUND

Pavilion building project. Cllr Burton reported that building control approval has now been received, along with four tenders for the building work. These quotes will now be analysed and a meeting held with the lowest bidder to make any adjustments and see where savings can be made. A further funding application has been made to MK Community Foundation. Talks are continuing with representatives from the Football Foundation who are contacting Sherington Football Club for its input; and are also analysing the technical details of the proposals. A formal funding application should be completed over the next week or so. Letters requesting funding contributions have been sent to HSBC, Argos and Marks and Spencer with possibly others to follow.ACTION: Clerk and Cllrs as appropriate

Pavilion management committee. An initial discussion was held between councillors who agreed that further information and advice is needed before a committee can be established, another meeting with Bucks Community Action advisor Laurie Johnson is scheduled for later this month. Jeff Charles has expressed his continuing interest in being part of the management committee and it was agreed that the parish council and main users Sherington Football Club should also be represented. ACTION: Clerk and Cllrs

6. FINANCE

Monthly balances. Enterprise Account 24836.99; Treasurer Account 1720.97

Cheques for payment were as follows:

04/03/2008A H Contracts Dog bins 47.19 101537
04/03/2008Raymond Graham School Lane bench repair 40.00 101538
04/03/2008Tim Horne Trees at Village Hall play area 555.00 101539
04/03/2008Sherington Village Hall Hall Hire 22.00 101540
04/03/2008Wendy Austyn Clerk's expenses 19.36 101541
04/03/2008Wendy Austyn Clerk's salary 236.36 101542
04/03/2008Peter Hammond Associates Quantity Surveyor pavilion 211.50 101543
04/03/2008Nina Beal Pavilion cleaner 70.00 101544
04/03/2008Shane Lea Perry Lane caretaker 50.00 101545

Village Hall footpath. Cllr Keene proposed and Cllr Thomson seconded the proposal to spend 2645 on the refurbishment of the footpath, including work to alleviate flooding. ACTION: Clerk

Dog bins. The contractor has contacted the council announcing a price increase of 2%, this was agreed.

7. PLANNING

08/00193/FUL 24 Gun Lane. Two temporary static caravans whilst demolition and new build takes place. There were no adverse comments.

Recent planning decisions. The applications for 32 Carters Close to build a single storey extension has been approved; as has the intent to fell two oak trees and crown lift several others on the Knoll.

8. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

MKNECAF Wednesday 5th March 08 Lavendon Village Hall. Cllr Burton will try to attend.

BCA Rural Affordable Housing seminar Monday March 10th Waddesdon. Cllrs Burton and Hyde will attend.

Section 106 Planning Obligations monitoring fee briefing 20th March. It was agreed Cllrs need not attend.

Parishes Assembly Wednesday 26th March. Cllr Keene will try to attend.

Safer Neighbourhoods Forum. Tuesday 18th March Sherington Village Hall. This is to set policing priorities in rural areas.

9. CORRESPONDENCE

Ordnance Survey maps. An article in the MKC newsletter needs clarification. ACTION: Clerk

10. PUBLIC COMMENTS

It was suggested that there be a youth representative on the pavilion management committee.

11. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

Cllr Burton reported having spoken to the Ray and Teddy about the future of Sherington Post Office, but the position is still unclear. Sam Potts agreed to help investigate. ACTION: Cllr Potts

12. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 1st April 2008 at the Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm. There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.34 pm

          Pages 1259 to 1260  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018