Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

May 2010

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 4th May 2010 in Sherington Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs Peter Burton (Chair), David Hyde, David Keene, Trevor Kirby and John Ager.

ALSO ATTENDING: Wendy Austyn (Clerk), Cllr Sam Potts and two other members of the public

1. TO ELECT NEW CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN
Cllr Burton was proposed as Chairman by Cllr Keene, seconded by Cllr Hyde and he accepted and signed a new Declaration of Acceptance of Office; Cllr Ager proposed Cllr Kirby as Vice Chairman, seconded by Cllr Keene and he accepted.

2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllrs Thomson and Cook.

3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None.

4. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on 6th April 2010 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

5. CLERK'S REPORT

5.1 Village Clean Up event This has now been arranged for Wednesday 14th July from 7pm. MKC have given details of kits available and some guidance on instructions and risk assessment. Cllr Keene to divide up plan of village and speak to Chris Smith on how to involve Youth Club volunteers. Other volunteers from village will be asked to give a couple of hours to help ACTION: Clerk, Cllr Keene, Cllr Kirby

6. PROJECT BLUE SKY - COMMUNITY SHOP

Cllr Burton reported that the village meeting is now planned for Saturday 19th June as the planning decision is scheduled for 27th May. Ian Toye from the Plunkett Foundation will attend. MKC have asked for a tree survey which the architect is arranging. There was a brief discussion on whether village amenities affect the level of council tax levied. ACTION: Clerk, Cllr Burton

7. ELECTIONS HUSTINGS EVENT

Cllr Keene gave a summary of the past couple of weeks’ events that culminated in the cancellation of this event. It has always been the parish council’s policy to invite all candidates to these events, but when three parties refused to share a platform with all other candidates the parish council was put into an awkward position. When invites were retracted from certain parties so that a meaningful evening could go ahead, those candidates threatened to disrupt the event and in the end it was decided to cancel. Statements have been given, as requested, to local press and it was agreed to publish a statement in June SCAN. ACTION: Cllr Keene

8. PLANNING PROPOSALS – AFFORDABLE HOUSING

Cllr Keene reported that John Healey (Labour) has put forward an idea to allow parish councils to permit affordable housing without the need for consent from the local planning authority. Whether this idea will survive the General Election is far from certain.

9. FINANCE

9.1 Monthly Balances Enterprise Account £8877.22; Treasurer Account £1979.58

9.2 Cheques for payment were as follows:

04/05/2010J Arnold Plumbing repair storage hut £30.00 101798
04/05/2010A H Contracts Dog bins £82.25 101799
04/05/2010Wendy Austyn Clerk's salary £330.89 101800
04/05/2010Wendy Austyn Clerk's expenses £22.38 101801
04/05/2010Waste Recycling Group Ltd CTP payment £605.00 101802
04/05/2010Martin Jeeves Perry Lane caretaker/bookings £100.00 101803
04/05/2010Nina Beal Pavilion cleaner £56.00 101804
04/05/2010PDD Ltd Costings for shop £440.63 101805

9.3 Annual Return The year end accounts and annual return are currently with the internal auditor..

10. PLANNING

10.1 Decisions. The applications for 3 Maryot Close, Church Farm and 8 Park Road have been approved.

11. SHERINGTON SPORTS GROUND

11.1. Cllr Thomson was absent so the clerk reported from the latest minutes that the next season’s fees have been levied against the football clubs. Cllr Burton reported that the flooring contractor is to visit on 5th May; and that the exterior landscaping work will be carried out early next year. BIFFA who awarded funding towards the refurbishment of the old building are visiting this month. MKC have agreed to carry out remedial works to the car park, Alan Ranger will monitor this. It was reported that the front doors are still not fixed and also that there are loose ridge stones. ACTION: Cllr Thomson

12. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

12.1. NAG meeting Monday 17th May 7pm Stoke Goldington

12.2. NECAF meeting Wednesday 2nd June 7.30pm Emberton Institute

13. CORRESPONDENCE

None

14.PUBLIC COMMENTS

14.1. A resident enquired whether there had been any concerns raised about the Beer and Sausage Festival. It was noted that the event appeared better controlled this year.

15. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

15.1. Cllr Burton suggested that the Parish Plan be reviewed and updated, Cllr Ager agreed to have a look at this. ACTION: Cllr Ager

16. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 1st June 2010 at the Village Hall commencing at 7.30 pm. There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.30pm

          Pages 1333 to 1334  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018