Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

May 2012

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 1st May 2012 at Sherington Village Hall, commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs D Keene (Chair), J Ager, D Hyde, M Northfield and A Denman

ALSO ATTENDING:Wendy Austyn (Clerk), Cllr Keith McLean (Sherington Ward councillor) and two members of the public

1. TO ELECT NEW CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN
Cllr Northfield proposed Cllr Keene as chairman, seconded by Cllr Ager, Cllr Keene accepted the position. Cllr Hyde proposed Cllr Ager as vice-chairman, seconded by Cllr Northfield, Cllr Ager accepted the position.

2. TO RECEIVE NEW DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
Cllr Keene signed a new declaration, countersigned by the clerk

3. COUNCILLOR VACANCY
The clerk reported that following the formal vacancy notice whereby no candidates had come forward, the parish council was now free to co-opt

4. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Green.

5. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None.

6. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
After item 13.4 was amended to read "The clerk will ask the Youth Club leaders to contact Keith", the minutes of the meeting held on 3rd April 2012 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

7. CLERK'S REPORT

7.1 Publication of draft minutes on website. Following a request from the village website manager to publish draft and unapproved minutes on the website councillors discussed this at length. It was acknowledged that whilst it is acceptable to publish draft minutes, it is down to each council's discretion and many parish councils do not and are unwilling to do so. Cllr Denman proposed that as the minutes are subject to several changes and therefore in order to protect their integrity, only brief and salient points should be noted in SCAN magazine and only approved minutes should be forwarded to the website. All were in agreement with this.

8. DIAMOND JUBILEE BEACON

Cllr Keene reported that having received a couple of offers of help the planning for this event on Monday 4th June at The Mound on Chicheley Hill is well underway. The clerk reported that the beacon should be lit for at least 45 minutes, and an exact lighting time will be notified to her this week. A note has gone into SCAN inviting everyone to come along. ACTION: Cllr Keene, Clerk

9. FINANCE

9.1 Bank Account balance at 1st May 2012 £16353.59

9.2 Cheques for payment were as follows:

01/05/2012Brian West & Son Ltd Gravel for VH carpark £276.00 102005
01/05/2012Martin Jeeves Perry Lane caretaker/bookings £100.00 102006
01/05/2012Nina Beal Pavilion cleaner £56.00 102007
01/05/2012Wendy Austyn Clerk's salary £170.99 102008

9.3 Funding applications The clerk reported that these have been made to MK Community Foundation for children's play ranger sessions; to MK PPF on behalf of Shop for establishing the shop; and to MK PAIF for some adult fitness equipment at a location yet to be confirmed.

9.4 Accounts for year ended 31st March 2012 The clerk reported that the accounts are about to be submitted for internal audit; and will be available for inspection by local electors between 25th June and 20th July 2012.

10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS AND DECISIONS

10.1. 12/00663/ADV Sherington Village Shop - Advertisement consent to display signage to include 1 x main shop sign, 2 x pole mounted fingerposts and 1 x directional sign (retrospective). Cllr Northfield on behalf of Shopco acknowledged that this was a retrospective application and reported that Shopco did not know that signs required planning consent. Councillors had no adverse comments.

10.2. Decisions. The applications 5 Field Close and Coney Grey, Gun Lane have been permitted

11. SHERINGTON SPORTS GROUND

11.1. Pavilion management group. There was no report this month

11.2. Vacancies on management group. Following the resignation of Cllr Thomson another parish councillor is required to be part of this management group - Cllr Denman offered to take up this post. It was acknowledged that the position of chairman which was also now vacant was for the management group to appoint.

12. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

12.1. The clerk will check when the next NECAF is and inform councillors. ACTION: Clerk

12.2. The parish council has been invited to a meeting on 13th May with Shop and the Village Hall to discuss the car park and access to the shop.

13. CORRESPONDENCE/NEW CONSULTATIONS

13.1. MKC Enforcement Policy The clerk will resend the details to councillors for comments to be made at the June meeting. Deadline 24th June 2012. ACTION: Clerk

13.2. MKC LDF Core Strategy Development Plan Document It was noted that the parish council had received an invitation to the public inquiry into the Core Strategy but that it was not necessary to attend. Cllr Keene agreed to respond. ACTION: Cllr Keene

13.3. MKC Public Access Strategy The clerk will resend the details to councillors for comments to be made at the June meeting. Deadline 6th July 2012. ACTION: Clerk

14.PUBLIC COMMENTS

14.1 A representative from Sherington Pre-school asked for the play area adjacent to the village hall to be inspected as the rubber matting is lifting in several places. The clerk will contact MKC. ACTION: Clerk

14.2 A resident enquired whether if the funding application for adult fitness equipment was successful, would the public be consulted as to its proposed location. It was agreed that this would be considered if the funding application was successful.

14.3 A resident asked if the parish council can remind people to remove posters that they placed on telegraph poles. It was agreed to put a note in SCAN magazine. ACTION: Cllr Hyde

14.4 A resident asked if more No Dogs, Clean Up After Your Dog and Keep Dogs on Lead signs can be placed as appropriate around the village. The clerk will investigate costs. ACTION: Clerk

14.5 A noticeboard on Perry Lane was suggested, Cllr Denman will canvass residents to see if this would be welcomed ACTION: Cllr Denman

14.6 A resident asked when the ramp and landscaping outside the shop would be completed. Cllr Northfield replied that work is due to be finished shortly.

14.7 A resident expressed concern that the shop owners are having to carry out a lot more work by "double handling" the newspapers in the mornings

14.8 A resident enquired as to the progress of reinstating or clearing out ditches on Alban Hill, as rain water continues to flow down the edge of the road. Cllr Hyde will revisit this. The clerk reported that work appears to have been carried out to the ditches on Gun Lane but this has not been confirmed. ACTION: Cllr Hyde

14.9 Cllr McLean recommended that the issue of shop delivery hours be referred back to the planning department at MKC.

14.10 Cllr McLean enquired as to the progress on the parish council's lease with Shopco. This was confirmed as still on-going and scheduled for the June agenda.

14.11 Cllr McLean reported that he had received information on retrospective planning applications which he would forward to the clerk for circulation. ACTION: Clerk

15 COUNCILLORS ITEMS

15.1 Cllr Keene enquired as to the progress on the Bedford Road verges. The clerk reported that owing to year end priorities she had not yet re-raised this with MKC.

16. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 12th June 2012 at the Pavilion commencing at 7.30 pm. There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.52 pm

          Pages 1399 to 1401  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018