Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

November 2008

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 4th November 2008 in Sherington Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs Peter Burton (Chair), David Keene, Ian Thomson, David Hyde, David Wright, Peter Cook and Lisa Masters

ALSO ATTENDING: Wendy Austyn (Clerk), Cllr Sam Potts (arrived 8.30pm) and four other members of the public.

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
None.

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None.

3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on 7th October 2008 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman..

4. CLERK'S REPORT

Cycle path/speed limit on Alban Hill. MKC does not now intend to reduce the speed limit on Alban Hill, as Thames Valley Police still object on the grounds that it is unenforceable, and recent evidence suggests that average speed is around 40mph anyway. It was agreed to chase progress of the cyclepath out of Sherington to Newport Pagnell.ACTION: Clerk

5. STONEPITS CLOSE WOODLAND PROJECT

Cllr Keene reported that a funding application to DEFRA aggregates fund was to be submitted this week; Cllr Cook reported that the Woodland Trust is offering free trees and labour as part of its new “FREEwoods” scheme, Cllr Keene to follow this up. Cllr Cook reported that he had spoken further with Central Networks on the electricity pole issue, and it was agreed that a far better solution was to simply move the pole to the side of the field. Cllr Cook will progress this. Cllr Wright reported that there was favourable feedback on this proposed project at Sherington On Show. ACTION: Cllr Keene, Cllr Cook

6. ANGLIAN WATER – SURFACE WATER SEWER AND DITCH

Cllr Cook reported that he had spoken to the land agent who advised that AWS is only willing to pipe one section of the ditch, seemingly in order to absolve any responsibility for the remainder. There was much discussion on how to take this forward and it was agreed to send a letter to the CEO stating the issue and offering a solution whereby in return for a one off lump sum payment from AWS, Sherington Parish Council takes on the responsibility for maintaining the ditch in perpetuity. Cllr Cook has already prepared a draft letter for review. ACTION: Clerk

7. SHERINGTON ON SHOW DISPLAY

Cllr Wright began by thanking the councillors for their help and support for what turned out to be a well attended and successful event for the village. Comments from the public received on the day included points about development, children’s facilities, and traffic calming especially on Perry Lane. The comments will be incorporated into the Parish Plan, and it was agreed to write a letter of thanks to the organisers. ACTION: Clerk

8. FINANCE

Monthly balances. Enterprise Account £35992.21; Treasurer Account £28845.78

8.2. Cheques for payment were as follows:

04/11/2008D C Blunt Mowing £969.38 101612
04/11/2008A H Contracts Dog bins £84.22 101613
04/11/2008Wendy Austyn Clerk's salary £270.03 101614
04/11/2008Lune Architects Ltd Project management pavilion £1,057.50 101615
04/11/2008R C Builders & Contractors Pavilion extension £25,850.00 101616
04/11/2008Colin Scowen Perry Lane caretaker £67.50 101617
04/11/2008Nina Beal Pavilion cleaner £49.00 101618

8.3. Clerk’s salary from 1st April 2008. As per NALC recommendations it was agreed to award the clerk a 2.4% increase from 1st April 2008. ACTION: Clerk

9. PLANNING

9.1. 08/01655/FUL 22 Carters Close – single storey extension No adverse comment.

9.2. 08/01708/TCA 3 Gun Lane – fell Monterey Cypress tree. No adverse comment.

9.3. Decisions. Permission has been granted to 35 Church Road.

9.4. 08/01002/FUL Land adj. to 10 Crofts End. Although this was discussed at length last meeting it was brought up again. Cllr Potts confirmed he had passed on the comments from the parish council expressing dissatisfaction on how this has been handled by MKC and also reported that changes to the Development Control processes are in hand. It was agreed to write to the Development Control Committee chair once again expressing the parish council’s views. Cllr Keene agreed to draft a letter.. ACTION: Cllr Keene

10. SHERINGTON SPORTS GROUND

10.1. Pavilion building project. . Cllr Burton reported that building work of the new extension continues to progress. He will meet with the project manager and builder on Monday 10th November to discuss the final stages. ACTION: Cllr Burton

10.2. Pavilion management group. Cllr Thomson reported that booking forms have been drafted; and expressed thanks on behalf of residents to Alan Ranger for his help and support as part of the management group. Concerns have been raised about the football club’s flood lighting affecting residents and one resident being unable to enter or exit his garage alongside the car park. Willen Juniors FC has been given permission to mark out a 7 aside pitch alongside the main pitch. ACTION: Cllr Thomson, Cllr Masters

10.3. Perry Lane grounds man and caretaker duties. Crooks Garden Centre has expressed an interest in helping out with landscaping at the recreation ground; the management group still needs to arrange a meeting with the caretaker to go over his duties and discuss which of the groundsman tasks he could take on. ACTION: Cllr Masters/ Thompson

11. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

11.1. Bucks Community Action Tues 11th November 11am. Laurie Johnson is coming to talk to councillors about the pavilion management committee and Stonepits project.

12. CORRESPONDENCE

None.

13. PUBLIC COMMENTS

13.1. It was noted that Sherington is considered to be a deprived area in terms of housing and access to services, in local recent press.

13.2. The temporary fencing at Stonepits Close will be removed within the next week or so.

13.3. Cllr Sam Potts gave thanks for a considerable response to the proposed changes regarding development east of the M1.

14. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

14.1. Cllr Masters suggested the need for another new dog bin on Crofts End.

14.2. Cllr Thomson asked about trees in Carters Close being too close to houses, it was agreed to ask MKC to carry out a survey. ACTION: Clerk

15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 2nd December 2008 at the Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm. There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.10 pm

          Pages 1273 to 1275  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018