Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

October 2015

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 6th October 2015 at Sherington Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs I Collinge (Chair), A Thatcher, W Bush and E Caldwell

ALSO ATTENDING: : Ward Cllr Geary, Ward Cllr D Hosking, Hannah Balazs (Clerk), Richard Sakyi from MKC, James Fishwick from Lathbury Parish Meeting and nineteen members of the public.

1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Rebecca Constantine, Cllr Rob Johnstone, Cllr Ann Hughes and Ward Cllr Keith McLean.

2. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None

3. APPROVE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on 1st September 2015 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman Cllr I Collinge

4. WARD COUNCILLOR'S REPORT - Cllr Peter Geary

Big issue is PlanMK, which is being considered for release for 12 week consultation at the MKC Cabinet on 9th November. There will be a meeting with all parish councillors on 29th October 2015 at 1930 in the Olney Centre to discuss the impacts etc. The ward cllrs will hold public meeting and will notify all residents by letters and public meetings. Dates still to be decided.

The minerals plan is due to be considered for release at the MK Council Meeting on 21st October 2015. MKC delayed it due to doing extra reviews. Once this is done then public consultation will begin. This is the last time MKC can amend the plan once done this will be sent to planning inspector and they will decide and make a view of how it could be. Once this is done MKC can only make a yes or no decision. There will be a series of public meetings to allow people to have a look and see what is going on. The view of the PC is to wait for the content, however James Fishwick the chair of the Lathbury Parish Meeting has advised he/Lathbury have fed back at every point and the view is twofold. The one against Sherington going along the river is the main area and is it fair nothing changed between two drafts. James Fishwick has advised they do not think MKC have gone about this in the right manner. MKC need to learn and work with the communities and to listen. On 21st October there is a full MK Council meeting to address and raise the issues, Lathbury will be making an appearance with residents and one business, he advise physical numbers do make a difference. Ward Cllr Hosking advised correspondence needs to be to the point.

Cllr Collinge spoke about resubmitting the PC's previous response, as Cllr Collinge is the only member of the previous council it was agreed to send all cllrs the response and then to make a decision as to what to send in response. A response needs to be made to reiterate the PC views as this is a different stage. Action: IC

5. CLERKS REPORT

5.1. Village Shop has a problem with the fuse box sparking and the door leaking water when it rains. The clerk will get quotes to fix both of these problems. Action: HB

5.2. MKC has sent an email with three quotes on regarding the repairs to the pot holes at the pavilion. MKC advised they will be going with second quote of £728.50 and the parish council agreed to pay half and see how well the repairs are done.. Action: HB

6. RECEIVE REPORT FROM NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP
Cllr Bush gave an update from the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group; the latest minutes are on the website. Following on from the public drop in meeting on 5th September 2015 there has been lots of good work and after listening and analysing the group are now going to start to produce policies that will run alongside MKC draft plan. At the steering group meeting on 27th October 2015 will consider the draft policies and will look to get sent out to the village and to see how land should be developed and hopefully another drop in before Christmas. Cllr Thatcher has set up a mailing list and is looking into different ways to get the information sent out to everyone.

7. RECEIVE WORKING PARTY REPORTS AND CONSIDER MATTERS ARISING

7.1 The shop has been covered by the clerk's report

7.2 Pavilion working group: Cllr Caldwell advised the working party is still in the process of developing a full picture of what is required with regards to the building work and the pavilion as a business - like what money is coming in, how many man hours are worked to maintain the pavilion etc. The grant was also mentioned as it is outstanding and there is 1yr left to complete the work. The new precept starts in March so some work could be done this year and some next year.
Cllr Collinge and Hannah are currently working on a booking's calendar so the public can see the availability and Cllr Collinge also advised about an online booking system and being able to pay by other options like PayPal etc.

8. THE SHERINGTON GREEN ENERGY COMPANY
Cllr Bush advised that he is starting a new business and their mission is to make the village more carbon friendly. The aim is to generate more solar power and we would like the support of the village and the parish council. There will be no cost to fall on the PC and no liability.

9. PROPOSAL TO SET UP FORMAL SUB-COMMITTEES IN RELATION TO THE SHOP AND THE PAVILION TO IMPROVE PROGRESS ON FACILITIES
It was decided to leave for the moment and to relook at in the future as more information is still required with regards to what is needed for the pavilion.
A working party needs to be set up for the shop as the future of the shop is not part of the neighbourhood plan. A working group needs to be looking into the future because the planning will run out and no further plans are being made. The village has expressed their feelings that they want the shop to remain in the village so the PC needs to make plans for the future.

10. PLANNING INSPECTORATE APP/Y0435/W/15/3133886: LAND ADJACENT TO HIGH STREET
Richard Sakyi was invited and came along to the PC meeting to advise the council and the residents of the process of the hearing with the planning inspector with regards to the planning application. The current date for the appeal hearing is 15th December 2015.
Richard advised the advantage of this kind of hearing is that everyone is able to have their say and all accounts, parish poll and neighbourhood plans are taken into account. All decisions are made on policies and a site visit will take place before any decisions are made. The PC's written submission is to be agreed at an extraordinary meeting and the date is yet to be confirmed. Once this date has been decided then it will be advertised.

11. FINANCE

10.1 Bank Account balance at 6th October 2015 £33,119.64

10.2 Approve Cheques for payment - Approved

Hannah Balazs Clerk's Expenses £45.57
Hannah Balazs Clerks Salary £202.32
Hannah Balazs Bookings £50.00
Sherington Village Hall Hall Hire £30.40
Ed Caldwell Expenses £68.28
Jackie Inskipp Expenses £12.71
AH Contracts Dog Bins £105.00
Sports Ground Services Grass Cutting £414.00
MKPA Play Bus £1,050.00
EON Pavilion Utilities £206.92
Martin Feasey Caretaker £212.00

12. PLANNING APPLICATIONS - CONSIDER RESPONSE TO MKC

12.1. Reference 15/02260/TCA - 23 Crofts End Sherington Newport Pagnell MK16 9ND - Notification of intention to remove deadwood, crown clean and reshape by a maximum of 3 metres to 1x Beech tree (T1) - 14Oct15 - No adverse comments. Action: HB

12.2. Reference 15/02227/TPO - 23 Crofts End Sherington Newport Pagnell MK16 9ND - Tree preservation order consent to remove deadwood, crown clean and reshape by a maximum of 3 meters to x1 Beech Tree (T1) - 29Oct15 - No adverse comments. Action: HB

12.3. Reference 15/02339/TCA - The Old Rectory 16 School Lane Sherington Newport Pagnell MK16 9NF - Notification of intention to remove 1x Leylandi Conifer in group G2 which is overhanging the garden of 14 School Lane and may compromise the stream: Removal of any adjoin Leylandi Conifers and small growth along the bank of the stream - 29Oct15 No adverse comments. Action: HB

12.4. Decisions - None.

13. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

Cllr Thatcher attended the Olney Forum meeting and advised the following:
Doing it for ourselves within the village to get things done quicker - community action group, MKC are going to focus on the MK Food Centre being a business centre. Street lighting is being replaced to LEDS within next 3 years, any outstanding grants need to be used - the PC has a parish partnership fund for the Pavilion with 1yr left to use. The Report it system is being looked into due to there being a lot of issues

14. CORRESPONDENCE/NEW CONSULTATIONS

  None

15. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS

15.1 A resident advised that he had reported the footbath between the village and Newport Pagnell and still nothing had been done and this is very dangerous now with it all being over grown etc. Hannah will report to MKC again. Action: HB

15.2 A resident asked where is Sherington's responsibility start along the footpath? Cllr Geary advised that landowners are responsible for the hedges along that path and advised it may be quicker if the village and parish council try and do more within the community as it would get done quicker. The PC and MKC need to work together. Maybe the community action group could help clear and if costs could be represented to PC to make a decision if they would like to contribute.

16. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

16.1. Cllr Thatcher advised 105 trees are being delivered on 2nd November 2015. A planting plan is in place and has spoken to the School and Preschool to join in. Working with David Williams to plant trees as they have to be in the ground before end of November. Hopefully there will be a few planting days around the village.

15 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The date of the Extraordinary PC meeting is to be arranged. The next regular PC will be at the Village Hall on 3 November. There being no further business the meeting ended at 2200hrs.

          Pages 1519 to 1522  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018