Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

September 2004

Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday 7th September 2004 at the Village Hall at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: : Cllr David Hyde (Chair), Cllr Peter Burton, Cllr Bill Lewis, Cllr David Keene, Cllr Pat Seymour (Milton Keynes Council).

1. APOLOGIES: Cllr Jackson, Cllr Finn, Cllr Cook.

2. DECLARATIONS OF MEMBERS INTERESTS: Cllr Keene declared an interest in the planning application for land adjacent to the White Hart.

3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: The minutes of the meeting held on 6th July 2004 were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chair.

4. MATTERS ARISING:

4.1 Speed Limit: The green village signs and speed limit signs have been installed by Manor Farm. MKC have informed Cllr Hyde that the speed limit will be extended in January 2005

4.2 Cycle Path: Richard Duffill (MKC) attended. He advised that the engineers had found problems with drainage system at the side of the A509. These problems make this route impossible. Work will commence in two weeks on the next phase, which will take a route down Cross Alban Hill. The verge will be widened to form a path 1-1.5m wide on each side of the road, (there may be a need to consider some form of traffic calming in the future). There will be no path through the village, but the current path to Newport Pagnell will be extended to a width of 2m. It is hoped that this stretch will be started in the New Year. Clerk reminded Mr Duffill that a safer junction had been promised at the Cross Alban Hill, when the cycle way was installed. Mr Duffill will look into this.

4.3 Village Appraisal: Cllr Finn had advised that this should be ready by mid September and that hard copies will be available for inspection in the shops. There will also be a copy on the web-site.

4.4 Village Repairs: MKC repair team are expected within the next 10 days (some repairs have already been carried out in Hill View). The cables in Water Lane (from High Street to end of Mr Gardeners garden), will commence in the first quarter of 2005. The redundant poles will be left up for a six month period and then removed. MKC have advised that they do have a budget for new lights in the village. Not known at this stage whether it will cover all required lights. Central Networks will connect new lights free of charge and homes affected will be advised in advance by Central Networks.

4.5 Village Hall Football Area: A second quote had been obtained which was higher. Bernard Crook Garden Services have advised that they will commence work in two weeks. The area however will not be useable for about three months.

4.6 Village Trees: To contact John Price and asked whether he is proposing to fell the seemingly dead Chestnut outside the school. To obtain an up to date quote for the tree surgery required in the Village Hall Play Area.

4.7 Perry Lane Recreation Area: The new store is now completed, at a cost of just over half of the original budget. Many thanks go to John Cook for all the work he has put into the success of this project. Peter Bardell (MKC) had inspected the garages and agreed that they were in need of urgent attention. He asked the Parish Council to write and request urgent repairs. Ian McGregor (MKC) had inspected the car park and supplied a quote for the repair.

5. VILLAGE HALL FOOTPATH: The Village Hall Trustees had replied to the letter sent by the Parish Council. They advise that their position remains unchanged and that they are not in a position to put the path alongside the Village Hall. They did however indicate that they were willing to discuss with the users, their particular problems. It was agreed that the Parish Council should pursue the path on the far side of the car park. A plan will be drawn up for the October meeting, quotes can then be obtained for the work. ACTION: Cllr Keene/Cllr Burton

6. VACANCY FOR CLERK: The Clerk had advised of her intention to leave the Parish Council on 23rd September. The position will be advertised and hopefully a new appointment can be made at the October meeting.

7. REPORTING OF MINUTES: It was again confirmed that the minutes will not be made public until after they have been approved by the Council. Extracts however will still be put in the Scan, but with a note explaining that the minutes from which they come have not been approved.

8. FINANCE:

8.1 Balances: The current balance are 3,890.16 in the Enterprise Account and 6,739.32 in the Treasurer Account.

8.2 Cheques: The following were agreed for payment.

J Cook Village Store 4440.17 Cheque 101192
J Sharp Concrete 447.08 Cheque 101193
Village Hall Hire Charges 21.00 Cheque 101194
J W Cook Perry Lane Rent 100.00 Cheque 101195
J Sharp Clerks Salary (3 months) 562.50 Cheque 101196
J Sharp Expenses (6 months) 63.56 Cheque 101197
T Pilcher Notice Boards & Seats 310.00 Cheque 101198

8.3 Budget Progress: Clerk provided details of the budget for the first six months of the financial year.

9. PLANNING:

04/01460 Mercers Farm, Crofts End No objections
04/01500 Land Adjacent to the White Hart There are no comments
04/01477 5 Park Road No objections

10. EXTERNAL MEETINGS: There have been no meetings.

11. CORRESPONDENCE: Nothing from the files for discussion.

12. PUBLIC QUESTIONS:

Water Lane: Resident asked whether there were any plans to extend the undergrounding of cables further down the lane.

Youth Shelter: Youth Club had applied for grant from Awards for All, but advised that this needed to be done by the Parish Council as the owners of the land. This item will be put on the October Agenda for discussion.

Utility Work: It appears that two utility companies are planning work through the village at the same time. Enquiries will be made at Milton Keynes Council about this.

Thames Valley Police: Mr Sims advised that the new beat officer is PC Jason Roe. A meeting is being held on 27th September at Lovat School regarding the reformation of Neighbourhood Watch Schemes.

13. COUNCILLORS ITEMS:

Toddler Play Area: Cllr Lewis advised that a quantity of beer cans were found in this area.

15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING: : The Next meeting will be held on 5th October, in the Village Hall at 7.30pm

The meeting closed at 9.20pm.

Pages 1094 to 1095            

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018