Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

Parish Council Minutes

September 2009

Minutes of the Meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 1st September 2009 in Sherington Village Hall commencing at 7.30pm.

PRESENT: Cllrs Peter Burton (Chair), David Hyde, David Keene, Ian Thomson and Trevor Kirby

ALSO ATTENDING: Wendy Austyn (Clerk), and six other members of the public

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr Cook.

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
None.

3. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meetings held on 7th July 2009 and 6th August 2009 (interim planning committee) were agreed as a true record and signed by the Chairman. It was noted that the title of item 3.2 in the August minutes was correct at the time of the meeting and in the subsequent SCAN notes, but has since been changed by MKC.

4. CLERK'S REPORT

4.1 Kerbing. Ian Buckle from MKC has given costs for re-kerbing on Crofts End and Field Close/Gun Lane. It was agreed that the Field Close/Gun Lane option made better use of the available money. The state of the verges between 22 and 26 Gun Lane needs monitoring. ACTION: Clerk

5. PARISH PLAN – FUTURE OF COMMUNITY AND COMMERCIAL FACILITIES

Flyers have been delivered to every household prior to the meeting on September 5th at 10.30am together with posters on notice boards and adverts in SCAN and the Citizen. The post office now appears to have permanently closed, however the Swan pub is due to re-open soon. Cllr Burton spoke of projects in Castlethorpe and Great Horwood that could be of interest.

6. FINANCE

6.1 Monthly balances. Enterprise Account £2408.89; Treasurer Account £8141.58

6.2 Cheques for payment were as follows:

01/09/2009Sports Ground Services Mowing rec field £396.75101718
01/09/2009E.ON Pavilion electricity £105.00 101719
01/09/2009Sherington Village Hall Hall hire £33.00101720
01/09/2009Peter Hammond Associates Quanitity Surveyor pavilion £207.00 101721
01/09/2009A H Contracts Dog bins £86.62 101722
01/09/2009Allianz Insurance plc Insurance £173.21101723
01/09/2009Wendy Austyn Clerk's salary £455.81 101724
01/09/2009Wendy Austyn Clerk's expenses £39.99 101725
01/09/2009R C Builders & Contractors Pavilion porch £6,019.10 101726
01/09/2009Martin Jeeves Perry Lane booking + caretaker £200.00 101727
01/09/2009Nina Beal Pavilion cleaner £105.00 101728

6.3 R C Builders. It was noted that a payment of £5975.40 was made to the builder of the pavilion porch in between the July and September meetings.

6.4 2010/11 budget. The clerk asked the parish council to start thinking about new projects and potential expenditure during the 2010/11 financial year so that estimates of costs can be obtained before the precept is set in January 2010.

7. PLANNING

7.1 09/01166/FUL Hamel Croft Church End – demolish wall, erect fence and create new drive (retrospective). - There were no adverse comments and it was accepted that there was a genuine reason for the retrospective planning application.

7.2 Cllr Burton reported that several planning applications were considered at the August interim planning committee meeting, details of which can be found in the August minutes.

7.3 Decisions - The applications from Rowan Cottage Park Road, 23 Carters Close, 6a Church Road, 13 Crofts End and The Paddocks Sherington Bridge have been permitted. The Clerk had also just received notification that all of the planning applications from the Manor House have been permitted.

7.4 The Paddocks Members of the public reminded the councillors that Sherington Parish Council had previously objected to the siting of the caravan several years ago; and also reported that the publication of the notice outside the property was obscured from public view. It was agreed to contact MKC Planning again.

7.5 6a Church Road The planning consent reads “Single storey side and part rear extensions incorporating erection of a chimney and change of use of amenity land to residential garden land” .

8. SHERINGTON SPORTS GROUND

8.1. Pavilion building/refurbishment project. Cllr Burton reported that the new entrance porch is finished and the refurbishment is continuing with some minor works still to be completed. BIFFA has awarded £4975 towards the refurbishment. Quotes have been received for the necessary exterior works and funding is now being sought so that this can take place in spring 2010. A plaque has been donated by Dearden Trophies of Newport Pagnell. ACTION: Cllr Burton, Clerk

8.2. Pavilion management group. Cllr Thomson reported that Willen Juniors FC has renewed its agreement to use the recreation ground on a regular basis; discussions are still taking place with Sherington FC – Cllr Keene to chase Jason Giller. ACTION: Cllr Keene

9. EXTERNAL MEETINGS

9.1. NECAF Wednesday 16th September 7.30pm Olney Centre

10. CORRESPONDENCE

10.1 New posting boxes. A letter of thanks has been received.

11. PUBLIC COMMENTS

11.1. A resident commented on recent press regarding closure of rural schools, Cllr Thomson who is also a governor of Sherington School assured the meeting that everything possible was being done to sustain its viability.

11.2. The hedges on Alban Hill need cutting back. ACTION: Clerk

11.3. An open plastic pipe remains sticking out of the ground next to the new bus shelter. ACTION: Clerk

11.4. Can the dog bin near the new bus shelter be moved?

11.5. Can another dog bin be placed on Gun Lane. It was acknowledged that bins must be placed within the village limits i.e. before the 30mph sign

11.6. There are some remaining pot holes and loose/missing kerbs that need attention. ACTION: Clerk

11.7. The problem of standing water at the Sherington Bridge turn remains

11.8. The issue of parked vehicles outside Bridge Leys Cottage was discussed at length, where residents feel an accident is waiting to happen.

11.9. Cars for sale on the verge outside The Paddocks land were reported.

11.10 Haynes lorries parked on the roads obstructing pedestrians and other vehicles were reported.

12. COUNCILLORS ITEMS

12.1. Cllr Keene asked for Stonepits Copse to be on the October agenda. Watering, autumn bulb planting, the stone plaque and the public launch event need discussing. ACTION: Cllr Keene

12.2. Cllr Hyde commented that often articles concerning local events are published too late in the MKC newsletter. The clerk commented how a holiday club for school children was advertised after the end of the school term leaving very little opportunity to distribute the information to its intended audience.

12.3. Cllr Hyde reported a small dead larch and a larger dying larch on the Carters Close green. ACTION: Clerk

13. DATE OF NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 6th October 2009 at the Village Hall commencing at 7.30 pm. There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.55 pm.

          Pages 1302 to 1304  

Previous Meeting - Back to PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES INDEX - Next Meeting

Home Page - About Us - Minutes - Newsletters - Our Needs - Membership - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 11 February 2018