In 1626 James Keene of Woodstock supplied a set of five bells for the tower. In 1627 a handsome oak panelled gallery was erected at the west end, given by "Henrie Newby, Citizen and Haberdasher of London, born in this towne of Towcester". Later it became an organ gallery and remains of it can be seen both in the Jacobean panels of the pulpit and behind the south chapel altar.
The poor of the parish exercised the conscience of the 17th century worshippers as the charity boards show. They also exercised the patience of those same worshippers as the Church Survey of 1637 by Bishop Francis Dee indicates:
"The church porch is very defective in the paveing and there wants an outer doore to keep out the beggars wherewith they are much annoyed, soe that the parishioners cannot in a morneing git in to the Church at 6 o'clock prayer"