The church continues to evolve. The crypt was restored in 1906. The nave was completely re-roofed in 1957 by Mr. Forsyth Lawson, replacing the earlier 1714 structure. Modern gas heaters have improved the Victorian coke-fired boiler's under-floor system and a ring of twelve bells was installed in the tower in 1990.
The present organ from the redundant church of St Edmund in Northampton was installed in 1978. More about the Pomfret organand the present organ