|As an aid to genealogical research, The Two Villages Archive Trust of Milton Keynes and Broughton are pleased to make available the results of two surveys of 1919 and 1994 which recorded the inscriptions on monuments in the Milton Keynes All Saints church and churchyard . The location of the monuments in that year are also recorded, please refer to the "Location Map" and church plan pages.
A considerable effort went into deciphering inscriptions that had been eroded through time, the elements and even - at times - enthusiastic wire brushing! Not all inscriptions remain, but anything which could be deciphered was recorded, even where names, dates, etc were incomplete. Where sufficient information could not be recovered to enable proper cataloguing, it was still recorded and is listed here on the "Unattributed" page.
Like most churchyards, changes take place as old stones fall, are broken, become eroded, or are cleared to assist maintenance of the area. Some of the inscriptions which were recorded in 1919 and 1994 may no longer be legible or even in existence.
Following a recent additional survey, the list has now been updated to the year 2000.
In addition, the names of those who fought and fell for their country, from Milton Keynes village, in the Great War (1914-18) on the memorial within the churchyard are given under the First World War Memorials page and as item 13 on the church plan with links to the Commonwealth War Graves Commission for additional information.
The names of those who fought from Milton Keynes village in World War II are also included in the World War II Roll of Honour page and the full details can be found in the church -see item 12 of the church plan.