In 1967 the Wolverton and District Archaeological Society found what is thought to be the site of the first Manor House, built at the time of Letitia de Ferrers in the early 12th century and lived in by the de Passenham family until the latter part of the 13th century.
The Wolverton and District Archaeological Society have now been able to locate the site of the old Manor House in the present-day field across the road from the Church and Mill. It is thought some of the stones were used in other buildings around the area and is presumed to have happened prior to the end of the 16th century
Views of Passenham Manor from 1903 - 1978
Passenham Manor - Dovecote 1978
Stowe Beagles at Passenham
Tythe Barns 1969
The larger one is early 16th century, 110 ft x 25 ft, has an elaborate tie beam roof.
The smaller one dated 1626, 76 ft long. Both are of limestone with tiled roofs.
It is thought the Tythe Barns were used during the Civil War as a hospital by Cromwells troops after the battle of in the Naseby.
Manor Farm House - Passenham
Stucco covered brick of early 19th century
Owners of the Manor 1299 - 1946
Ellias de Tingewick
John de Hausted
William de Hausted
Elizabeth de Hausted
John Cope = Joan
James Edy = Phillipa
Edward Cope = grandson of Stephen
H Best & R Holland
J Ivory & Simon Lambart
Sir Ralph Winwood
Robert Lord Spencer
William Carpenter = Anne Pygott
Anthony Carpenter (by Will of Anthony Carpenter)
John Palmer (Archdeacon of Northampton)
John Palmer (1679 Will of John Palmer)
Barbara Palmer = Eyre Whalley
Thomas Palmer Whalley
Thomas White Gurney
Mary Ann Gurney = Carruthers
John Kendall (bought from the above)
George Lawson, who was a surgeon in the Crimean War, lived in the
His son was Sir Arnold Lawson and some of his heirs
included Lt Cmdr Derek Lawson, Monica Lawson and Kenneth Lawson, who also lived at the Manor.