Tour of St. Simon & St. Jude Church

5. THE SOUTH AISLE

South Aisle
The South Aisle was added to the Nave in about 1350; the arcade dates from the 15th century. The column here is of an octagonal shape. The windows also date from the 15th century; each has three cinquefoiled lights, and has a square head, the eastern one is more elaborately moulded than the other. In the east wall is a square-headed two-light window of a similar date and type. Outside the Church, on the south-west corner of the south aisle, there are two massdials scratched.

Click on a new number to continue the tour