The Chancel ArchThe present chancel dates from the 13th century. In 1872 a new chancel arch was inserted and the roof was restored in 1957.
The 19th century arch incorporates two decorated 12th century shafts. The south shaft is twelfth century Octagonal and decorated with beaded chevrons or zigzags. The capital is nineteenth century, but the base is original.
The north shaft is also twelfth century Cylindrical and decorated with small lozenges within large lozenges and drilled beading. Its capital and base are nineteenth century. Some arch supports are 19th century.