In addition to the regular monthly meetings, the Society organises special events during the course of the year, as well as attending various village occasions, in order to publicise the Society and its work. These occasions also provide an opportunity for the Society's growing archives to be appreciated by a wider audience.
The following are some of the recent SHS events. Hyperlinks indicate that photos of the event are available.
- Open Day, 6 October 2012, Village Hall - Sherington At Work
- Scarecrow Competition, June 2012
- AGM, 13 March 2012, Village Hall
- Open Day, 1 October 2011, Village Hall - Sherington Family Histories - plus Video by Howard Dalton
- Sherington Village Fete, 2 July 2011
- Open Day, 25 September 2010, Village Hall - celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Society
- Scarecrow Competition, July 2010
- Open Day, 3 October 2009, Village Hall 'What did you do in the war, Sherington?'
- Scarecrow Competition, July 2009
- SHS Dinner - January Jolly, 27 January 2009, White Hart
- SHS website is featured in the December 2008 issue of 'Family Tree' Magazine
- Open Day, 27 September 2008, Village Hall 'Pumps and Praise'
- Scarecrow Competition, July 2008
- May Day Celebrations, 5 May 2008, The Knoll
- SHS Annual Dinner, 22 January 2008, White Hart
- Open Day, 29 September 2007, Village Hall
- School Jubilee Fun Day, 30 June 2007, The School
- Scarecrow Competition, June 2007
- May Day Celebrations, 7 May 2007, The Knoll
- Open Day, 30 September 2006, Village Hall
- May Day Celebrations, 1 May 2006, The Knoll
- Village Fete, 25 June 2005, Manor House - "Who do you think your ancestors were?"
- Village Fete, 21 June 2003, Manor House - "Sherington at War"
- SCAN article published in early 2000, written by Norman Arnold, suggesting that the Historical Society be formed.
Previous annual programmes: