Sherington Historical Society - Home Page

St Laud's Church

Sherington's only surviving Church is dedicated to a French bishop of the 6th century. The following information relating to St Laud's Church is currently available.

Outside Tour Take an online tour around the outside of the church
Inside Tour A tour round the inside
Saint Laud Who was he?
Rectors of Sherington A list of the 48 Rectors since 1230
Church Bells From Alfred Cocks' "The Church Bells of Buckinghamshire" 1897
Parish Charities The old charities.
Restoration Work Details of recent restoration work
Archive Photos Older photos of St Laud's
Parish Registers Complete copy of all 11 registers up to 1912
Monumental Inscriptions List of individuals on the church monuments
Marriages Transcription of the Marriage Records 1698 to 1812
1851 Census St Laud's response to the Census of Religous Worship 1851
Early Church History William de Carun gives the church to Tickford Priory in 1140
Parish Register The cover and first page of Volume 2 showing entries for 1718 to 1719

In addition, the following historical publications contain descriptions of St Laud's church:


Sherington village web site - contains information on the present day activities of the church, the services and events, etc.


Back to Church End - Back to VILLAGE PLACES

Home Page - Start the Village Tour - Email Us - Contacts
Latest Revision: 10 November 2012